What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rugby union or rugby league.

dat111

Juniors
first of all i have never played football. but i watched it most of my life and thought i will give it a go so i have asked both of my clubs union and league but i dont know what one to choose.

i live in woy woy,nsw for you aussies out there i dont know what one to choose

so could anybody give me some inside of there expeirences with the game's thanks

Someone

Bench
If you want to get trot on, have 5 players fall on you when your tackled and watch your teams kicker go to town, play union.

If you want to get headbutted, fingered up the ass and watch the refs make a dogs breakfast of a game, play league.

What would you prefer?

Coastbloke

Bench
hahaha f**k woy woy. jump on the mighty umina bunnies

:lol:

Dat111, why don't you get along to some yawnion (oops I just showed my prejudice) matches and some league matches..

I live in Ettalong, so I can't sorta tell you to choose one over the other in terms of Woy Woy and Umina, but with Woy Woy you have a great Leagues club and a oval with a Grandstand and with Umina you have a.....ummm...underdog status... :lol:

Dunno about yawnion..There's Woy Woy and I think they share the ground with Woy Woy RL and there's Kariong which have their own ground..

League for Woy Woy and Umina attracts around 500 and Yawnion 50 (if you get on with family)

Hope this helps...

Cletus

First Grade
Just try them both and see which you prefer. Probably depends a lot on whether you're playing in the forwards or backs as well.

dat111

Juniors
yawnion:) as my family have played union since it was first made if i play for the bunnies next year ill be in the under 19's and im only 17 and i wont be that good. ive been offered to go to training with umina bunnies and woy woy lions(union) so im gunna both and see how it goes.

also i thought this was an internaional forum but its good to know that we have some local suppoters in here anybody play/use 2? either game