What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Union - What does the future hold??

shiznit

Coach
Doesn't seem to be as only 12000 turned up for the Air New Zealand final.
:lol: what the hell would you know about provincial rugby?? you guys dont even have it in the UK. your stinking club teams now run a B competition to the french top14.

and the strength in provincial rugby here is going from strength to strength... attendances on the whole are well up... and TV numbers were up by 86%.

the final flopped because everyone hates canterbury... even there own fans...

WireMan

Bench
:lol: what the hell would you know about provincial rugby?? you guys dont even have it in the UK. your stinking club teams now run a B competition to the french top14.

and the strength in provincial rugby here is going from strength to strength... attendances on the whole are well up... and TV numbers were up by 86%.

the final flopped because everyone hates canterbury... even there own fans...

As much as you know about sport in the UK it seems.

shiznit

Coach
As much as you know about sport in the UK it seems.
i would venture to say i know more about English rugby than you would know about NZ rugby... actually i wouldn't be surprised if i know more than you about English rugby too.

Teddyboy

First Grade
New Zealand sport seems to be dying as the All-Blacks can not sell out your tiny stadiums yet can sell out crowds of up to 80000 in Europe(and they shouldn't after watching Dan Carter kicking the ball like an AFL game),The only NRL team get a bandwagon support when in truth the Warriors should be getting 20000 crowds win or lose,and your Cricket is played in front of a a small crowd of sunwhores.

Te Kaha

First Grade
New Zealand sport seems to be dying as the All-Blacks can not sell out your tiny stadiums yet can sell out crowds of up to 80000 in Europe(and they shouldn't after watching Dan Carter kicking the ball like an AFL game),The only NRL team get a bandwagon support when in truth the Warriors should be getting 20000 crowds win or lose,and your Cricket is played in front of a a small crowd of sunwhores.

TV will do that.. all those sports are still all well followed on TV... doesnt mean that "sport" is dying.

Teddyboy

First Grade
TV will do that.. all those sports are still all well followed on TV... doesnt mean that "sport" is dying.
I think your Rugby season is too long for such a small island and NZ is just not big enough for 2 Rugby comps being the S14's first and then a step down to the NPC.You need one NRL style comp.

WireMan

Bench
i would venture to say i know more about English rugby than you would know about NZ rugby... actually i wouldn't be surprised if i know more than you about English rugby too.

"your stinking club teams now run a B competition to the french top14" would venture that you don't.

shiznit

Coach
"your stinking club teams now run a B competition to the french top14" would venture that you don't.
you sure about that??? if you actually knew anything about the Guinness Premiership you would know that the biggest worry to the clubs at the moment was the exodus of english players leaving the premiership for the top14.

JW, Ricki Flutey, Tom Palmer, James Haskell, Andy Goode, Ben Cohen, Steve Thompson...

atleast when NZ lose players we have the depth to actually cover it...

WireMan

Bench
you sure about that??? if you actually knew anything about the Guinness Premiership you would know that the biggest worry to the clubs at the moment was the exodus of english players leaving the premiership for the top14.

JW, Ricki Flutey, Tom Palmer, James Haskell, Andy Goode, Ben Cohen, Steve Thompson...

atleast when NZ lose players we have the depth to actually cover it...

I would know that would I? so they are not worried about dwindling crowds, a few clubs making big losses, the overall standard of Union in this country, the fake blood scandal etc. There biggest worry is a few Players going over there. Well i'm glad your here to point these things out to me.

Obviously your right and it shows that an Englaish team has never done well in the Heineken Cup or anything. Afterall we are just supplying players to the French, hence the all French final year. :roll:

At least the French have that Grand slam in last years 6 nations to remind them that England are just running a B competition. That and Andy Goode is playing over there. It must make them sleep easy at night.

Teddyboy

First Grade
England are the powerhouse's of world Rugby yet the team and players still sent me asleep.