What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rugged

rugged

Juniors
I'm not sure of the dates of the respective grand finals, but wouldn't it be an idea to have the QLD cup grand final showcased at either an NRL final game in Brisbane at Lang Park OR at the Sydney NRL grand final like the NSW cup thing was held this year. I know it would mean not many locals could go to it but not many do anyway. :?

DIEHARD

----
The QLD CUP deserves to stand alone, making it a curtain raiser is an insult. If promoted and hosted at Lang Park. It would get quite a good crowd. It's a day for Queensland Rugby League not the NRL and the Broncos. There is more to RL than the "national" rugby league.

Don't mean to sound harsh, it's an idea that has also crossed my mind.

stormboy

Juniors
The Mexicans wouldn't come to see our Grand Final for sure - they're used to Sydney City so they wouldn't be interested in a great spectactle like the Queensland Cup

gullsfan

Juniors
Only 7-8000 go up here so why not just scrap it? Yeah right.
I do like the "super bowl" idea though of Q-cup champs v. Jim Beam champs being played a couple of weeks after each comps respective GF, as a lead up to the NRL final.

DIEHARD

----
gullsfan said:
I do like the "super bowl" idea though of Q-cup champs v. Jim Beam champs being played a couple of weeks after each comps respective GF, as a lead up to the NRL final.

Same here

mud n blood

Juniors
yep - which considering the Sydney mob play their GF in October anyway, is a good thing. It would mean though, that the QRL and NSWRL would have to talk to each other to have their GF's on the same weekend ..... :roll:

Sydney Carton

Juniors
gullsfan said:

Oi :evil: ! Whats this Qld Cup v Jim Beam Cup shit?

We are their equals or why would they plunder our sides every year.....

Qld Cup winner v Premier League winner
Mixwell Cup winner v JB Cup Winner
2nd Div Open v JB Res Grade
Colts v Jersey Flegg
Qld Country Champ v NSW Country Champ

Stewbum said:
gullsfan said:

Oi :evil: ! Whats this Qld Cup v Jim Beam Cup sh*t?

We are their equals or why would they plunder our sides every year...../quote]

Didn't a Brisbane reserve side made up of mostly Toowoomba players ? defeat the combined might of Wests and Balmain last year.

Latest posts