What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rule Change Suggestion

MilkShark

First Grade
When the team with the ball throws a pass at the same time a defender goes into tackle them but because the defender is so close the ball is thrown into the defender.

I believe this shouldn't be 6 again for the attacking team. I believe that's a bad pass and should be play on with no restart of the tackle count and play on if the defending team picks the ball up.

This rule has been annoying me for years now.

Last edited:
But it's a deliberate style of tackling designed to wrap up the defender and shut down the pass. Definitely deserving of 6 again, they're playing at the football.

T-Boon

Coach
If it goes forward off the tackler I think it should be a scrum feed to the attacking team but a same tackle scrum feed. If it goes backwards and is recovered by the attacking team then I agree no tackle count restart. Its the same with the charge down rule. Should not restart the tackle count if kicking team recovers it.

Latest posts