What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rule changes you'd like to see for next season

Legion

Juniors
Get the markers straight.
You've noticed that too huh?

Normally it's just Melbourne but all teams seem to be following suit to some degree.
If teams aren't careful the NRL might consider just one marker to solve the problem [Not sure if that would be a good change or not]

The Storm are still fond of using arm locks and what looks like half a chicken wing in tackles.

Saxon

Bench
Ex-coaches blowing kisses to fans.

FMD.

What is this world coming to?
Wasn't that a shit-show.

Coach walks out on a contract with 2 years to go (after lying about it) having set up a bunch of pretty average high value back-ended contracts. Fan of old club expresses his disgust at the 'traitor'.
Ex coach then takes the piss.

Not a good look.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Are people ready to admit the captains challenge has been a big success? It really hasn’t even been used strategically as people feared.

No, its just added yet more VR involvement. If it replaced the ref going to the VR fair enough, but it hasnt.

T-Boon

Coach
No, its just added yet more VR involvement. If it replaced the ref going to the VR fair enough, but it hasnt.

Nothing wrong with VR involvement. The refereeing is great right now. Better than its ever been but for the blind eye they turn to forward passes. Every try should be reviewed. When else does VR get involved. It has largely eliminated ref blaming.

T-Boon

Coach
Wasn't that a shit-show.

Coach walks out on a contract with 2 years to go (after lying about it) having set up a bunch of pretty average high value back-ended contracts. Fan of old club expresses his disgust at the 'traitor'.

Not a good look.

It was good. If fans can yell abuse then they should cop it back. I would much rather a coach be doing that than what they usually do on game day which is absolutely nothing.

Wasn't that a shit-show.

Not a good look.

Yet if they pelted the box it’d be WT fans in the shit.

Vee

First Grade
You've noticed that too huh?

Normally it's just Melbourne but all teams seem to be following suit to some degree.
If teams aren't careful the NRL might consider just one marker to solve the problem [Not sure if that would be a good change or not]

The Storm are still fond of using arm locks and what looks like half a chicken wing in tackles.
Been going on for years, all teams.

The KPI is left hand on right shoulder, or vice versa, of the man in front. It's really obvious and prevents the DH operating on that side.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Wasn't that a shit-show.

Not a good look.

I tell you what if there's a wasn't a big rivalry between the two clubs, this moment certainly makes the next clash more interesting.

Saxon

Bench
I tell you what if there's a wasn't a big rivalry between the two clubs, this moment certainly makes the next clash more interesting.
Well that's true. Be interesting to see if it passes down to the Tigpies players.

Jono1987

Juniors
Captain's challenge to be upped to 2 per game
Refs are unable to go to bunker for any call, they make each to their best judgement
Once ref makes a call, team has 15 seconds (this needs to be mandated strongly) to challenge
Less stoppages game continues to flow

T-Boon

Coach
Captain's challenge to be upped to 2 per game
Refs are unable to go to bunker for any call, they make each to their best judgement
Once ref makes a call, team has 15 seconds (this needs to be mandated strongly) to challenge
Less stoppages game continues to flow

What decisions are refs allowed to go to the bunker for now except for try reviews? I would make the challenge of try decisions a coaches challenge.

Legion

Juniors
Been going on for years, all teams.

The KPI is left hand on right shoulder, or vice versa, of the man in front. It's really obvious and prevents the Fake operating on that side.
Sure but not to the degree since the rule changes.
The game has sped up to such a degree that often markers don't have time to get back into position, so it's not always deliberate.

It's easily fixed. Refs need a call and hand signal that tells markers that they're off side if they attempt a tackle when they weren't in line. Six again if they do hinder/tackle the ball runner.

What is 'KPI'?

Perth Red

Post Whore
What decisions are refs allowed to go to the bunker for now except for try reviews? I would make the challenge of try decisions a coaches challenge.

Any incident worthy of being put on report, anything over goal line ie drop out v 20m restart, anything in act of try scoring. The capt's challenge has now added a whole raft of decisions that can be looked at by the VR.

I agree, all coaches have to be on sideline and throw a flag on the pitch to challenge :)

Saxon

Bench
It was good. If fans can yell abuse then they should cop it back. I would much rather a coach be doing that than what they usually do on game day which is absolutely nothing.
Fans don't normally walk out and leave their club in the lurch.

T-Boon

Coach
Fans don't normally walk out and leave their club in the lurch.

Yes he really did a number on them. Especially letting Tedesco go. I understand the fan abuse towards him, I just think his reaction was fine.

Saxon

Bench
Yes he really did a number on them. Especially letting Tedesco go. I understand the fan abuse towards him, I just think his reaction was fine.
Nope.

He behaved like a merkin to the club and its' supporters; he should man up and accept some well deserved anger.

Latest posts