What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

jaseg

Juniors
So 2023 will be:
Johnson
Metcalf
Volkman

One of:
Taylor
Nikorima
Chanel

I'll take Chanel please,out of that trio

From what little I've heard, there's a young fella named Xavier Tito-Harris who might be more likely be be the 4th half in the top 30 than any of those guys tbh, apart from maybe Chanel. I give it no chance Kodi or Taylor are with us next year.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I can see CHT in that new style 13 role that. He has the ability to play it as good as Yeo & Radley imo. I'd be annoyed if we didn't try and keep him around.
We should absolute keep CHT. His halves play is improving more this season and nobody would question his physicality and defence. Might not have the goods to be a dominant organising half but as a 6 to SJs 7 I‘m happy with him as our first option. And yeah long term he could switch to 13. Also tough enough to fill in at hooker if required though I wouldn’t try to make him into a permanent 9.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Why hasn't nikorima been confirmed at Bronx or dolphins yet? I'm getting concerned he might end up staying, surely not right

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Kodi > Rabbitohs.
Unsure if its immediate. Would explain why he's not in the 25 this week
I think Asi’s emergence seals his fate, even with Taylor’s retirement. Hopefully also means we retain CHT now. .SJ/CHT/Asi looks like a pretty useful mix especially given their age/experience spread.

Tongue

Juniors
Nikorima was worth the punt. Was he signed under Kearney? Probably makes more sense that he would likely have performed better under Kearney given their history. For whatever reason, he didnt flourish under Brown. So be it.
He surplus to requirements now and glad hes found a new home.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Yeah, it's not really a surprise. More surprised that it's the bunnies and not the Dolphins. There was talk of him wanting to go back to QLD, and the Bennett factor.

As a Nikorima fan, I've been less and less impressed with him. Hope this move works out well for him (when not playing against us)

So this year we have Asi, CHT, SJ
Next season we have SJ, Volkman, Metcalf

I'm hoping we keep a hold of either Asi or CHT moving for next season as well.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'm hoping we keep a hold of either Asi or CHT moving for next season as well.
I'd hope we'd be trying to keep both. CHT has been a bit of a long term project and it'd be mad to move him on just as he's really maturing and returning us value. Early days yet on Asi but he looks the goods.