What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour: former PM seeking ARLC appointment

Scomo was the first one in a while not rolled by his colleagues. Fact. And yet you call him out as being somehow more reviled than others?
Who said Scomo didn’t make mistakes? Who wouldn’t trying to manage a once in a generation pandemic? Albo has made plenty before he even took office. Want me to send links? The doofus didn’t even know the unemployment rate.

I actually liked Gillard, not bad going for a right wing nut hey? She was ruined by the unholy alliance with greens and independents. And of course by Rudd. Wonder if they or colleagues called each other names? As to pieces of legislation…I’m guessing there was a bit on with pandemics and stuff and Scomo wasn’t interested in keeping score there.

Scomo committed to net zero, even managed to get the nationals on board, do you not read papers? Malcolm couldn’t get the party to unite behind that, or rally anything else.
Well you seem to believe the many I pointed out weren’t facts.

I remember reading Canavan’s views in the papers. Also Scotty’s net zero commitment didn’t pass scrutiny now did it or am I making that up too? It was a cynical election tactic or do you believe his climate credentials now? Sure Turnbull got nothing through but that was before floods and fires and the people have since put it top of mind.

Anyway, we have a labor party in office. At some point, the ARLC is going to deal with them and ask for a handout. If you don’t think having a disliked Scotty onboard is going to be a liability, then I can’t help you.

Eion

First Grade
Well you seem to believe the many I pointed out weren’t facts.

I remember reading Canavan’s views in the papers. Also Scotty’s net zero commitment didn’t pass scrutiny now did it or am I making that up too? It was a cynical election tactic or do you believe his climate credentials now? Sure Turnbull got nothing through but that was before floods and fires and the people have since put it top of mind.

Anyway, we have a labor party in office. At some point, the ARLC is going to deal with them and ask for a handout. If you don’t think having a disliked Scotty onboard is going to be a liability, then I can’t help you.
The Liberal Party managed to deal with Peter Beattie for years. If you are saying the Labor Party are more petty and ridiculous then maybe you are right and I can’t help you or them.

yakstorm

First Grade
In all honesty what could ScoMo bring to the ARLC of value? Since the election loss, a lot of his allies have turned on him, including News Corp, so its not like he would help open doors which were previously closed to the sport. V'landy as well already has strong relationships with News and the only Liberal government in the country, which further minimises any value ScoMo could bring.

He also doesn't bring any potential sponsorship dollars, isn't a former player/coach/administrator and is a very divisive individual so doesn't really tick any of the other boxes which usually see someone considered for the role.

The upside to the League adding him would be minimal whilst there is the real possibility of him just been an unnecessary distraction for the Commission.

T-Boon

Coach
In all honesty what could ScoMo bring to the ARLC of value? Since the election loss, a lot of his allies have turned on him, including News Corp, so its not like he would help open doors which were previously closed to the sport. V'landy as well already has strong relationships with News and the only Liberal government in the country, which further minimises any value ScoMo could bring.
Some certain/possible/probable qualities:
Work ethic
High level of intelligence
Connections/contacts
A knowledge of how things work. How to grease wheels.
An ability to be persuasive (he won heaps of elections)
An ability to be powerful.
Deals well with pressure.
The perception of importance. A board with an X PM on it just sounds impressive and important.

I don't know the other board members but I have always seen Wayne Pearce as a weak, meek, yes man. He would add very little in trying to get things done. He is probably popular because he is a brown nose or something.

Even if he doesn't end up on the board the NRL/RL should priorities keeping in real good with him. Same with all the ex and current politicians and other influential types.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Some certain/possible/probable qualities:
Work ethic
High level of intelligence

1576493894-Scott-Morrison.jpg

Yeah, for sure.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why does the nrl even have a commision when vlandys is making all the decisions? Could save some more money there vlad!