What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour mill - Ricky Stuart

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Just what I needed. More reason to hate Canberra. Oh I can see it now. Ricky getting rushed to hospital on his 2nd game after blowing a artery in his neck after a Woolford high shot and subsequent send off. I guess the plus side would be at least it would mean he last longer as Canberra coach than Mal did as a poli.

willvillain

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
If it is the prodigal son thing, fair enough. I know a lot of Tigers fans wish Sheens could find a spot for Block on his support staff.

As a Manly fan, I must say...please do. Blocker has done nothing that I have noticed to warrant keeping him on board at Manly. Our only forward to have progressed as a player since his arrival has been Choc (and I attribute that to BK rather than Blocker) and Mark Bryant (no idea WHERE that came from!). King, Kite etc have actually become less effective under Roach's guidance.

On top of this he doesn't attend games, he rips on Manly on his radio show and whenever he gets a chance he has a wank over the Tigers. He doesn't want to be at Manly, but Sheens and Royce are too sharp to give him a gig at the Tigers.

I'd LOVE to see how Stuart goes with an ordinary side!

I have a very strong feeling he'd be found out as being a decent coach, yes - but one with a helluva lot of work to do to make that ordinary team good - and be nowhere near the elite esteem he is currently held in - quick smart.

Unfortnately I also believe he doesn't have the ticker to give it a lash...Stuart would NEVER leave his plum job at the Roosters to go to a struggling Canberra...And thereby risk his ego-boosting 'Roos job.

Not in a HUNDRED years.

Edwahu said:
Its more a prodigal son thing with Raiders fans I think.

Bingo!

And - Case in point in the very next post, no less :lol: :

Raider_69 said:
and the keys to the city
frankly i think we should do what ever it takes to nab sticky
not only for his record, his ability as a coach and the potential talent he can attract as aussie coach, but also for the fact he is and always will be my favourite player of all time

Haha! That's a beauty!...Way to prove a point Raider_69 - It's almost like you WORK for Edwahu!
;-)

This is more than a rumour, from what I'm hearing.

Why else would the Raiders take so long to name a coach, when C. Anderson wants the job? Because of the situation with Ricky at the Roosters. Hawkins and co. said they'd take their time to make the best "long-term solution", and if that meant "waiting a few months" then so be it.

I wish I could say more, but we'll see.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
The funny thing about all this is I have read endless complaints by Raiders fans over Sticky Ricky's coaching style.

But I guess when you consider they blame their problems on Elliot, it would be real entertainment to see Sticky stuck with a team like Canberra has right now. I think he would not do any better than Elliot has. Canberra need quality cattle, and even more importantly, they need to devise some plan to hold onto the juniors that are quality. Maybe they can move their summer training camps to Hawaii or something.

Focal Point

Juniors
and who knows?

If Sticky does make the trek down the Hume Hwy back to Canberra, he might bring a couple of roosters with him.

Parraren

Bench
I thought I remember hearing DANIEL Anderson being the one the Raiders were linked to, not CHRIS.

If so, would make sense that nothing has happened yet as I think he's still contracted to St. Helens for next year.

Interestingly Jamie Lyon also plays under Anderson at St. Helens and I'm sure Raiders fans would love it if he brought Lyon along...

The Stuart link is an interesting one though.

I heard that Reg Regan, Terry Hill, John Hopoate and Krusty the Clown were being looked at as potential candidates..

hrundi99

First Grade
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Just what I needed. More reason to hate Canberra. Oh I can see it now. Ricky getting rushed to hospital on his 2nd game after blowing a artery in his neck after a Woolford high shot and subsequent send off. I guess the plus side would be at least it would mean he last longer as Canberra coach than Mal did as a poli.

I'm laughing at you, not with you.

Soi_Cowboy

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Not when he is not going to win a premiership with the Raiders, whereas the Roosters he has a big chance!

I would have to disagree with you on that one. Chance yes.. big chance..no way!!

nqboy

First Grade
Focal Point said:
and who knows?

If Sticky does make the trek down the Hume Hwy back to Canberra, he might bring a couple of roosters with him.
There's not too many worth bringing these days, Soliola, Mini, anyone else? Possibly Tupou?

nqboy

First Grade
Parraren said:
I thought I remember hearing DANIEL Anderson being the one the Raiders were linked to, not CHRIS.

If so, would make sense that nothing has happened yet as I think he's still contracted to St. Helens for next year.

Interestingly Jamie Lyon also plays under Anderson at St. Helens and I'm sure Raiders fans would love it if he brought Lyon along...

The Stuart link is an interesting one though.
I think both Andersons have been linked to Canberra. But the rest of your post is food for thought.