What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

forward pass

Coach
5. Eels fans need to be patient.

Although soundly beaten in a few games this season, I see some great kids coming through the system at Parramatta. Call it what you like: rebuilding, restructuring, redefining or a transition period. Every club has to go through this at some time or another.
Yeah but for 5 years ???

The longer a club has neglected development, the longer it will take to restore these systems and get the NRL team back to a competitive level. The days of just going out and buying a new football team are over. It’s too expensive and the salary cap just doesn’t cater for wholesale purchases of elite talent.

Except when the club is the Roosters!

Gronk

Staff member
Talking about the Roosters !

Loyalty over cash for Aubusson
Both the Dragons and Titans were chasing Roosters back-rower Mitch Aubusson, but he accepted nearly $100,000 less to stay in the red, white and blue for the next two seasons. A fine hole-runner out wide who plays above his weight, Aubusson is a model citizen and the Roosters are delighted to have him back on board.
http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/the-lurkernrl-rumour-filemonday-232621

So he's happily taking home $100k/annum less just to play with his mates ?

#yeahright

Noise

Coach
Yeah but for 5 years ???

Except when the club is the Roosters!

Or the Sharks! f**k me, they would be lucky to have 5 players in their team that made their debuts with them

Gallen, Bakuya, Pomeroy, Stapleton...who else? They are worse than the roosters i reckon. Oh, and they are all on drugs

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yeah but for 5 years ???

Yeah I know Kearney wasn't the best coach and the current results on the field arent the best but I do think we will start to see the results of that five year plan in the next 12 months. Really this is the third year of the plan which I believe was based on getting the right junior structures/ pathway in place so we get the right juniors and keep them - then get them playing NRL.

And I think we are now starting to see those juniors starting to make an impact

Look at our side - our two best players on Monday were two on those juniors in via / kelepi .

The side also has two more juniors debuting this week in Pritchard / peni . This is in additional to other juniors which have debuted over the last three years in allgood, morgan and loko. Sio/blair have also debuted. Some have talked up Pauli and Paulo as potential debuts later in the year.

It seems most weeks now our younger plays have been the ones putting in each week (including hayne, mannah, lussick and sandow who are all 25 or younger) but are being let down by some of the older players

Even gus Gould is liking our juniors

. I see some great kids coming through the system at Parramatta

We need to now get rid of the dead wood, the older players that always miss tackles, give stupid penalties or drop the ball to often with some quality NRL players to support this young group of players.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Sticky's W/L % with Parra is still better than Kearney's.

#nrlfact

#kearneyisamerkin

the NRL Lurker on Sportal says they we missed out on Tolman after offering him huge money and he is staying ethier at the dogs for less or going to another NRL for less money than we offered him.
I seem to recall Ken Edwards saying they we haven't even talked to Tolman or his management so ethier it's his manager tring to up his price or it's the Dogs saying it to make them look good and us bad.

The Colonel

Immortal
Dogs are trying to cover there own arse by not resigning Tolman and blaming it on the prices 'other' clubs offered. Mind you there have been rumours for a while that Dessie didn't rate him.

El Diablo

Post Whore
the NRL Lurker on Sportal says they we missed out on Tolman after offering him huge money and he is staying ethier at the dogs for less or going to another NRL for less money than we offered him.
I seem to recall Ken Edwards saying they we haven't even talked to Tolman or his management so ethier it's his manager tring to up his price or it's the Dogs saying it to make them look good and us bad.
also says we're after Tupou http://www.sportal.com.au/author-news-display/the-lurkernrl-rumour-filewednesday-232920

i'm not sure if the Lurker has ever been right

i thought Penrith were after Tolman anyway

natheel

Coach

Pretty sure he also said hayne wanted to leave eels cause he didn't want to be part of the rebuilding phase. Yet hayne signed for the complete opposite reason lol

spiderdan

Bench
Last edited:

Bigfella

Coach
It's pretty hard to believe that anyone would out of hand reject the highest bidder before actually makin a decision where he's going.

Even if he had no intention of coming here he would be playing out offer against the others.

Sounds like complete BS

Status
Not open for further replies.