What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree RTS is going to be one great player.Only his first year as a fullback and IMO one of the best going around.

Hoppa I doubt we are that dumb we paid a winger on debut 800k back in 2012 when guys like Thurston and co where not on that. I mean seriously??
I would say 400k which was overs than and what we paid.Next contract id say he is worth 350k mark.Good solid player with touch of class.Never will be the best centre in the game but he is class

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Are you serious?

It's an absolute bargain.

We are reportedly paying Hopoate more than that and he's barely above the nrl average standard as a centre and wasn't even up to playing fullback.

It will be regarded as one of the best purchases of all time by the time he finishes the coming contract.

Along with Luke and the other talent they have developed and the talent of Johnson they will have their best chance to win a comp.

They will also have the most dangerous spine in the comp.

Definitely wouldn't be paying that sort of money for a player who's only new to the fullback position in first grade and only going into his 4th season in the NRL. It is definitely overs atm, it mightn't be by the end of his contract. It definitely isn't a bargain though, it'd be on the higher end for a fullback.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I seriously hope not. But the Tele reported that we were and maybe they stretch the truth sometimes but by the same token sometime where there's smoke there's fire

There could also a grub with a smoke machine. Pretty sure in those reports they were saying $800k for him, his brother, and his father. Which makes absolutely no sense but they have to have a reason to push their dribble. The contract was also over 4 years, not 2.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You'd have to be pretty stupid to throw in $800k for a player going into their 4th year of NRL. The poosters will most likely blood Latrell Mitchell some time this year if they're allowed to and then play him at fullback next year.
The Bronco's are apparently paying more for Milford.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It still can be a stupid recruiting decision. They've filled the team with enough smart recruitment and retention decisions so that this stupid decision isn't amplified.
Well how do you know the Warriors haven't done the same???

Blind Freddie could see RTS was going to one of the superstars of the game, especially at fullback. I agree with BF 800k will prove to be under's.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Well how do you know the Warriors haven't done the same???

Blind Freddie could see RTS was going to one of the superstars of the game, especially at fullback. I agree with BF 800k will prove to be under's.

I'm not saying they haven't, I'm saying that I believe RTS for $800k is overs. What don't you get about that? Sure you don't have to agree, but not once have I said the Warriors have made dumb recruitment and retention decisions overall, just that I believe this one in particular is overs and is a dumb decision. We'll just have to wait and see if he'll be value for them. Will be interesting to see how he goes in a structure outside of the roosters.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm not saying they haven't, I'm saying that I believe RTS for $800k is overs. What don't you get about that? Sure you don't have to agree, but not once have I said the Warriors have made dumb recruitment and retention decisions overall, just that I believe this one in particular is overs and is a dumb decision. We'll just have to wait and see if he'll be value for them. Will be interesting to see how he goes in a structure outside of the roosters.
Fair enough, lets just agree to disagree :) But the Warriors realistically will be making a charge for the title next year with that spine.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
I'm sure roosters could of Signed RTS for less then the reported 800k he got from the Warriors. Add to the the third party deals, roosters prolly missed the boat with him. One has to ask why!

Having said that Barry, I find it amusing u believe the tabloids re RTS, But disregard hoppa's contract amount. I'm not saying I agree with both amounts, just questioning your chain of thought.

I
Having said that Barry, I find it amusing u believe the tabloids re RTS, But disregard hoppa's contract amount. I'm not saying I agree with both amounts, just questioning your chain of thought.

Disregard what with respect to Hoppa's contract? Show me a newspaper article that speculates on Hoppa's new contract value at anything like 800k? I was disagreeing with a number that Bigfella seems to have plucked out of the air.

Where did I say that I agree with the tabloids re RTS? I said that I agreed with Bigfella about him being a good signing.

What RTS is being paid by the Warriors next year is not relevant to whether the Roosters can afford JH under their cap next year.

EDIT: I don't mean the above to sound 'confrontational'.....just explaining that my query re Hoppa is that I haven't seen a newspaper report even claiming that he is being paid 800k. I have seen newspaper reports claiming that RTS is being paid that. Doesn't make any of it true of course.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
800k means he must be one of the top 5 fullbacks in the game.

Lets look at a few. Dugan 650k Moylan 500k Slater?? Morris?? They have paid him to be one of the best .Yes they overpaid as he is still a little unproven compared to Dugan etc....But potentially he could be worth 800k. I doubt it would ever be a bargain as that's top money.So you expect top performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts