What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

eels_fan

First Grade
That'll do me

IF this turns out true and our management stuffed up our best signing in decades I'll throw in it.

This rabble is unbelievable

Gronk

Staff member
It's all hot air and argy bargy methinks. Foran's agent runs to the press cos we went back to them asking for them to reconsider unreasonable terms. It does not mean that we have repudiated the contract.

Manly's Kieran Foran may walk away from his four-year deal with the Parramatta Eels, according to reports.
As Fairfax Media reported in May, Foran has a clause in his contract that would allow him to quit the deal if there was political instability at the Eels.
News Corp is reporting that the Kiwi Test five-eighth is having second thoughts after Parramatta attempted to alter the terms of the contract.
Parramatta are without a CEO following the departure of Scott Seward.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...gn_code=nocode&promote_channel=social_twitter

Incorrect

Coach
too funny

dunno how Manly could fit him in their cap now after their spending spree

Couldn't Manly and Foran's manager come up with some BS story that rugby union have made him an offer, forcing the NRL come to the party to keep him in the code, they stump up the cash outside of the salary cap and he stays with Manly.... too easy!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Not sure what to make of it. First it's probably unlikely any club could afford Foran's asking price for next year.

I find it strange we signed him several month ago it we are now trying to change the contract details.

And key point from article is:

. KIWI test superstar Kieran Foran could be forced to walk away from his four-year

Gronk

Staff member
Not sure what to make of it. First it's probably unlikely any club could afford Foran's asking price for next year.

I find it strange we signed him several month ago it we are now trying to change the contract details.

And key point from article is:

Maybe we are being strategic.

Kornstar

Coach
Hayne did.

Where did I say he wouldn't? Just pointing out that it would be a pretty brave thing to walk away from, especially when we accept mediocrity and you don't even need to bother really putting much effort in and you still get paid.

Hayne is following a dream and if it pays off it will be history making.

Pazza

First Grade
To be honest I am not surprised.

Either way, having a player with those kinda clauses in their contract or having him walk now we are screwed.

But seriously we are in such a bad place that to get anyone to this joint we have got to do stuff like this. So depressing.

Incorrect

Coach
Would also be big kahunas to walk away from that much money.

I imagine his manager would have a plan B already well and truly lined up for Keiran that would see him on similar remuneration.... his manager isn't liekly to be A-OK with a reduction in commission just because Foran decides he wants to go somewhere else, they will have sussed out another deal elsewhere as a back up for sure...

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It just looks like we are trying to remove the "politics" clause and Foran and manager are going "get f**ked no way", there has been some negotiations. Yet Foran refuses to any changes, manager leaks to media - get this up you eels!! We control the situation !! Either back down or Foran walks.

Status
Not open for further replies.