What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
More from Rothfields blog

The problem was the salary cap from last year. The NRL wouldn't register Foran's contract while they were still under investigation.

IFR33K

Coach
But there was a clause that everyone knew about even the journalists reported on it in the papers. How do the journos know and we know about it but the board don't?

Another embarrassing episode under the current management.

And I bet you're loving every minute of it.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
But there was a clause that everyone knew about even the journalists reported on it in the papers. How do the journos know and we know about it but the board don't?

Another embarrassing episode under the current management.

This is speculation bro...

We don't know how far Seward went outside the boards directives for signing contracts.

It looks pretty clear that Seward went out on a limb and f**ked up - the board found out later and confronted Seward. It seems pretty clear that Steve Sharp did not want any desperado... "I'll do anything for you (insert whatever clauses, etc) if you just sign here and play for my club".

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If the CEO did not advise the boardof the clause and signed the contract and advised the board it was finalised, and announced. Guess they may not have known, the New board took place after the signing, maybe it came to light in their review when taking their places, all speculation at best

could also be that he has and now the board are aware and we are addressing the matter, this may have happened weeks ago and may also be one of the contributing factors of why Seward is no longer with us

if that's the case they (the board) are just doing their job

So here are some examples of what I've actually said

From June 10

For the 100th time, this story is a crock of shit. He may well have a 'coach' based release clause, but any other clauses would need to refer to a specific, well-defined event. 'Political turmoil' doesn't cut the mustard.

And from 12 May, post 2636 (agreeing with you, in fact Bigfella):

Yes, people can write any contract they like. But if you want a player to have an option exercisable once a year, then that's what you give them. The political instability clause is either horseshit, or a gross misrepresentation of what is in the clause. There is no point in a clause that says 'if the players decides that X sucks'.....it just becomes 'the player may leave at the end of any season, conditional on the granting of X months notice'.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
could also be that he has and now the board are aware and we are addressing the matter, this may have happened weeks ago and may also be one of the contributing factors of why seward is no longer with us

if that's the case they (the board) are just doing their job

this

cv8z

Juniors
Doesn't the board have to sign off on these deals, if so don't they read the terms or have the club solicitor review all terms before putting pen to paper?

Chipmunk

Coach
Here's some quotes from the Chairman... It doesn't fill me with confidence that Foran will be here next year...

Kieran Foran may walk away from Parramatta Eels deal as chairman Steve Sharp gives no guarantees

Parramatta chairman Steve Sharp admits he is unable to guarantee star recruit Kieran Foran will join the club next season.
Sharp said he is hopeful Foran won't back out of the four-year, $4.8 million deal he agreed to earlier this season but confirmed that Eels general manager of football Daniel Anderson was re-negotiating some details of the contract after taking over administrative responsibilities handled by departed chief executive Scott Seward.
"The negotiations are being done with Daniel Anderson at the moment," Sharp said. "Daniel is finalising all the paperwork and all of that. Since Scott left, Daniel has taken over all of the negotiations."
Seward's resignation last week has sparked speculation that Foran was getting cold feet and a number of rival clubs are believed to be monitoring the situation.
Advertisement
As Fairfax Media reported in May, Foran has a clause in his contract that would allow him to quit the deal if there was "political instability" at the Eels.
It is believed Parramatta directors were unhappy that Seward allowed the get out clause to be inserted in the contract enabling Foran to quit the club at any time.
The clause effectively guarantees the future of coach Brad Arthur, even if Parramatta finish with their third wooden spoon in four years, as Foran has cited him as the reason he left Manly for the Eels.
Parramatta are also working to ensure they do not fall foul of the salary cap again after being fined $525,000 for breaches last year and threatened with being docked four competition points for next season if they do not make governance changes recommended by an independent review ordered by the NRL.
Sharp admitted the Eels would not want to lose Foran but said the club's priority was getting its house in order.
"Who is more important, the club or an individual?" Sharp said. "The game and the club are bigger than one individual.
"I would love to have Kieran Foran at the club but Daniel knows what we have got to do to secure our future with good governance and all of that sort of stuff so he is working through all of that at the moment.
"I don't see any reason why Kieran Foran wouldn't come. We are offering him very good money and a four-year deal. If he is truly coming because he wants to play football for the Eels ... then I would expect him to be here."
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/parramatta-eels/kieran-foran-may-walk-away-from-parramatta-eels-deal-report-20150622-ghu7ez.html

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

From June 10

From June 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
For the 100th time, this story is a crock of shit. He may well have a 'coach' based release clause, but any other clauses would need to refer to a specific, well-defined event. 'Political turmoil' doesn't cut the mustard.

Quote:
Yes, people can write any contract they like. But if you want a player to have an option exercisable once a year, then that's what you give them. The political instability clause is either horseshit, or a gross misrepresentation of what is in the clause. There is no point in a clause that says 'if the players decides that X sucks'.....it just becomes 'the player may leave at the end of any season, conditional on the granting of X months notice'.

There you are Bigfella....... suck c**k.
My mate Barry has got you sussed out tweezer-dick. :D

This club is a joke - sounds like he is gone.

Add on top of it another likely wooden spoon and starting on minus points next year, seriously........if this club re-signs half of its membership they should be doing cartwheels.

Meanwhile the fans put in the money into the club every year and for what?

Chipmunk

Coach
In all honesty if Foran is on a deal where he can just walk away when he feels like it, then the club probably should walk away from the deal now and look elsewhere. Even if he does end up coming, he will essentially be on a 1 year deal every year.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Here's some quotes from the Chairman... It doesn't fill me with confidence that Foran will be here next year...

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/parramatta-eels/kieran-foran-may-walk-away-from-parramatta-eels-deal-report-20150622-ghu7ez.html

Fair enough, says it all.
Don't see anything wrong with Sharp's stance.

Good on you Steve for standing your ground, is why a majority of members elected you.

Good on both Sharp and Anderson for cleaning up all the old mess so this club can finally move forward properly.

Bigfella

Coach

From June 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post

Quote:

There you are Bigfella....... suck c**k.
My mate Barry has got you sussed out tweezer-dick. :D

He just proved himself wrong you dumb freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.