What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartman

Immortal
Was Craig Catteruick the trainer? An internal promotion!

The Club staff list hasn't been updated in a while - still shows Kearney as the coach. But interestingly shows "Gameday & Events" as TBC.... please make 2013 a MW-free season :pray:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Was Craig Catteruick the trainer? An internal promotion!

The Club staff list hasn't been updated in a while - still shows Kearney as the coach. But interestingly shows "Gameday & Events" as TBC.... please make 2013 a MW-free season :pray:

Interesting to read who our Learning with League Coordinator is. There was talk a few days ago that we were after him.

Gronk

Staff member
What does the Football Manager do anyway ? Negotiate terms with player managers ? Sign players ? Manage the salary cap etc ?

eel01s

Bench
Craig Catterick started as Football Manager on Monday!

No offence to Craig, but surely he is not qualified for the role? I am sure the seek ad called for candidates highly experienced in running football operations, managing game day, all aspects of the footy club etc. etc.

If we keep coming up with these sort of appointments where it seems due process is not followed (Hagan, Ossie, and now Cat) is it any wonder we are so poorly run?

Having said that I wish Craig all the best in the role, it is a position the Eels sorely need to be done well.

Stagger eel

Staff member
No offence to Craig, but surely he is not qualified for the role? I am sure the seek ad called for candidates highly experienced in running football operations, managing game day, all aspects of the footy club etc. etc.

If we keep coming up with these sort of appointments where it seems due process is not followed (Hagan, Ossie, and now Cat) is it any wonder we are so poorly run?

Having said that I wish Craig all the best in the role, it is a position the Eels sorely need to be done well.

I reckon the appointment was highly recommended by Ricky Stuart and he's not the only bloke who's been internally appointment, Andrew Hill, Tony Zappia and Gareth Holmes have all been appointment to administrive roles and came directly from coaching positions.

I don't think it's anything new mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts