What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard an intresting rumour yesterday regarding our number 1
Apparently dragons are to make a big play for Hayne to take care of
their fullback woes.....
They have the $ and IF Soward does leave to England will have even more
to "battle" with us in negotiations.

they won't be the only ones (why do you think roosters only re-signed minichello for one year) if you think lewis leaving penrith is a media circus imagine what would happen if jarryd went on the open market

hybrideel

Bench
I'd say the only thing that will keep Hayne here is if he buys into the Kearney 5 year plan. Either that or another coach comes along and convinces him it's worth staying.
in his 7 years in first grade we have been in the finals 3 times with 2 of those only because we went on a massive run of wins at the end of the season to scrape in.
Add to that he has lost 6 straight series as a NSW player and i'd say the guy just want to win something

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
On the NRL forum people are talking about Nonu from Rugby and someone said he could be off the dogs. I saw this on FB just a while ago. I think they were at a youth center.
313952_10150940155271937_1641680233_n.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
He's off duty now. The Auckland Blues missed the semis. Under contract for 2013.

#justvisitinghiscuzziesbro
#joiningthedots

FAT570

Juniors
Isnt funny when your fullback makes your FRF look small......
Gona be a sad day when he leaves us.

#Farkmylife2014

Last edited:

Ratchy

Juniors
their fullback woes.....

Their fullback woes were taken care of when they signed Beale from the Broncos.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
their fullback woes.....

Didn't they sign Beale to play fullback?

Forty20

First Grade
My dragon fan mates reckon that Beale will move to the centers and Stanley to 5/8 . They also reckon they have got a gun full back playing in the 20s who will play first grade soon

Evander Cummings would be the young fullback. He played fullback for NSW in the U/20's Origin and I believe they have given him a run in the NSW Cup this year.

lingard

Coach
You have to admire the sharkies .. Almost bankrupt and yet they have built themselves up into a league team which could quite possibly win the title within a year or two. AND with the addition of Lewis could remain a league powerhouse...The only reason Lewis left the panthers is because he wanted to play finals football and he knew that the panthers were years away from that. It's the very same reason the eels couldn't sign him even if we offered 2 million a season. AND it's the same reason that Hayne will be out the door.

And did the Sharks put everything on hold and start a five-year plan, get rid of all their dead wood, forget all about on-field results, and concentrate all their efforts on building a 'new culture'? I don`t think so. They got themselves a new coach, bought a couple of average type players and took a big gamble on Todd Carney, and off they go. And why would Lewis join them? Because they are competitive NOW - not in five years time in some place in the coach`s head.

eels81236

Bench
The Dragons? You'd hate to have their fullback woes. Morris or Nightingale? Plus that kid from Brisbane and Vidot playing well above his cost? I doubt it.

lingard

Coach
I was watching the start of the Swans game yesterday and they were talking about how their best players were picked up as juniors in the 2009 draft. I couldn't help but think we are in a similar situation . I do think we have recruited quality juniors but it will be a while before they come good. We definitely have another difficult season ahead of us next year that is for sure. The difference however is the quality of the 2 coaches and the performance of the senior players in the squads.

The playing list has the foundation for success but we desperately need the right person to get the most out of them and I don't think it is anyone not currently coaching in the NRL maybe Bellamy is the play? Your thoughts......

I see what you`re saying, but I`m starting to think that`s a bit of a myth. I reckon guys like Sio, Blair, Morgan, Ryan, Allgood and even Kelly, are all good enough NOW. That is, they would be, under a quality coach. And you`re possibly right about the current crop of available coaches, although I think Jason Taylor could be very good - and I`m starting to wonder about the 'legend' of Ricky Stuart as a club destroyer. Easts didn`t take long to 'recover' from him, and neither have Cronulla. Another myth?

hindy111

Post Whore
If we lost Hayne life goes on.
Maybe marmin will be like his brother-Than theres a guy called Hopate.With Kelly and sandow im less worried if hayne was to go-especialy with hoppa coming who is potentialy as good

Avenger

Immortal
There is no way I would ever accept losing Hayne. He is the best player we have had since Jason Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.