What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
We keep producing good kids simple fact. We are getting a young first grade squad. The next lot of kids will get offered money

I'd be happy to lose one centre, one half etc from the u20's as you can't keep them all. To lose both centres puts a dent in our depth.

franklin2323

Immortal
That may of been an issue when he was dropped and hooked v Parra. Given he has 5 tries in 3 games and is now starting. No chance he will leave

Blade23

Juniors
The Mole is stirring up shit again. Rumours about Peachey leaving are resurfacing.

EXCLUSIVE IN THE MOLE IN @LeagueWeek TODAY: Tyrone Peachey is getting restless feet at Penrith.

Don't worry that rumour was put to bed a month ago. Typical mole stale news.

When has the mole ever been right about us? I am still waiting for his bold prediction back in February of Adam Reynolds coming here for next year.
Plus I am still waiting for Craig Wing & Dane Carlaw to come to Penrith from 10 years ago.

Randy81

Juniors

When has the mole ever been right about us? I am still waiting for his bold prediction back in February of Adam Reynolds coming here for next year.
Plus I am still waiting for Craig Wing & Dane Carlaw to come to Penrith from 10 years ago.

And carney....
His only reliable info is when he copies nathan taylor (weekender) and claims it as an exclusive

Kilkenny

Coach

Personally, I dont mind if Tyrone Peachy pursues his career elsewhere. I love him as a player even if he had a moment of madness in the last minutes of the game against the Titans. (I haven't seen it and done want to)

Seriously, Tyrone May is the future and has to be drafted in sooner rather than later and he is an obvious replacement for the like of Peachy so if Tyrone can get himself a better deal than we can offer him so be it.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Taylor is in perfect spot for him. A leader of a really young and not great team.

Merrin is perfect for what we want.

ET wasn't great when he played for us this year & has left and feels better. Good on him. Wish him the best but there was no spot to play him here.

mxlegend99

Referee
Taylor is in perfect spot for him. A leader of a really young and not great team.

Merrin is perfect for what we want.

ET wasn't great when he played for us this year & has left and feels better. Good on him. Wish him the best but there was no spot to play him here.

He barely got a chance with us and against the Broncos he put TMM away for a line break and a try. We don't want good defenders who get through lots of work apparently.

He should have been our 13 with Merrin at prop. He's showing ball playing skills. He's running good lines and all his criticism of him has proven to be wrong. It was clearly how we used him that was wrong.

8. Merrin
9. Wallace/ segs
10. RCG
11. Cartwright
12. Yeo
13. Taylor

14. Grevsmuhl
15. Peachey
16. JFH
17. Latu

Our defence would improve and we would lose nothing in attack. But defence seems like it's low on our list of importance to a first grader.

Cartwright
Hiku
Peachey
Soward

All miss or fall off a lot of tackles. Rcg, latu and Matagi can be very weak defensively in the middle too. Yet we couldn't find room for a guy who does more defensive work than anyone with great effective tackle rate.

Big Mick

Referee
And we'd have the lightest pack going around with only 2 legit props in the team in RCG and Latu and even Latu is not on the bigger side. As such the bigger teams like Cowboys & Dogs would dominate us...

Merrin when used at prop has not been as impactful as when he is playing in that backrow role. I dunno why...but from when he did play there for some reason it stunted him.

Come on with regards to that pass to TMM...I could have thrown that...it also was high and behind him lol.

No use putting Grevsmuhl in your team anyway...we don't get him if we don't lose Taylor.

Look would I have rather kept ET and given him more of a go...of course...he was one of my favourite players in the team but fact is he is gone, he is happier where he is and he is playing in a role that is suiting him - a role we couldn't give him so he wouldn't be playing that well with us. It's time to move on.

Last edited:
I can't believe you gave up Taylor for Grevsmuhl. Taylor offers so much more. Grevsmuhl can run a good line but is lazy in defence and offers zero as a ball player. Taylor probably doesn't hit a hole as hard but will tackle all night and has a bit of second phase in him. I'm filthy we didn't take ET when he was offered to us.

TheFrog

Coach
I can't believe you gave up Taylor for Grevsmuhl. Taylor offers so much more. Grevsmuhl can run a good line but is lazy in defence and offers zero as a ball player. Taylor probably doesn't hit a hole as hard but will tackle all night and has a bit of second phase in him. I'm filthy we didn't take ET when he was offered to us.

ET got his nose out of joint when Merrin was preferred to him for the lock spot. Instead of putting his head down and proving his worth from the bench, he sulked and was subsequently dropped to reserve grade, where he made no impression. He gave the club little choice really.

Although he's been very good for us under Cleary, we do not need a player who is going to sulk and not pull his weight when things don't go his way. Perhaps this is why Souths bypassed him too.

GongPanther

Referee
ET got his nose out of joint when Merrin was preferred to him for the lock spot. Instead of putting his head down and proving his worth from the bench, he sulked and was subsequently dropped to reserve grade, where he made no impression. He gave the club little choice really.

Although he's been very good for us under Cleary, we do not need a player who is going to sulk and not pull his weight when things don't go his way. Perhaps this is why Souths bypassed him too.

Plus the fact that we weren't hearing anything from the critics in here until Taylor decided to pull his finger out for Wests.

He was doing bugger all for us before he got moved on.I thought it had to do with his confidence when he got badly injured last year,as I'm on record in saying he hasn't been the same since he came back.

Last season Taylor was killing it.And I'm glad he has found form with a great new home.

chrisD

Coach
We need someone who can move laterally to fill holes in the middle (who isn't a risk of getting run over) more than we need three big props on the field. Hopefully JFH can become that but we are hurting for no Taylor for now.

The stint in Cup meant shit, he turned himself inside out for us every game until he was given the kiss of death. If it all came about because Griffin was going to play him wide and Merrin at lock then he was right and did know better than Griffin.

maple_69

Bench
Random controversial thought for a dreary weekend with no Panthers.

What do you guys think of Cartwrighr at lock?

Pro he would get his hands on the ball more and defensive frailties may not be an issue in the middle. Merrin at prop would allow us another second rower on the bench.

Con he may get tired out defending and often overplays his hand when he tries to do too much. Also potentially less space than out on the edge.

Nah talked myself out of it. Maybe wait for May to become a ball playing lock.

Ball playing locks aren't really a part of the game anymore. Not saying it couldn't work but its definitely not in Griffins plans from what I can see

Status
Not open for further replies.