What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Comings and Goings - The Transit Lounge

Valheru

Coach
Goes without saying that Angus extension is well deserved.

I hope he can provide the same output now that that he has a contract opposed to chasing one.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Can't believe the news that we're on the verge of signing Townsend. Never been a fan.
Neither have I. I sort of get what why the club would sign him, as a stopgap and a mentoring role for our young halves but it’s still a strange decision. Anyone know what $$$ he’d be on?

taste2taste

Juniors
Anyone have any info on Sacha Kouacci ? Is he still at the club ?

Roosters signed him and fellow Frenchman Griffier ( currently playing SG ball ) last season.

Can't find any info of where Kouacci is now, perhaps back in France?

Valheru

Coach
Neither have I. I sort of get what why the club would sign him, as a stopgap and a mentoring role for our young halves but it’s still a strange decision. Anyone know what $$$ he’d be on?
I actually don't mind this

According to 360 it is 250-300k which seems completely reasonable to me. It is a 1 year contract only to continue to help Walker come along. A veteran (Keary) was always meant to be there next year and IMO they definitely have a target for 2026 - Keep an eye on Dylan Brown who is contracted to 2028 I think but has options in his favour every year from end of next season.

S Smith will get his chances next year too (High chance Walker plays origin).

I actually don't mind this

According to 360 it is 250-300k which seems completely reasonable to me. It is a 1 year contract only to continue to help Walker come along. A veteran (Keary) was always meant to be there next year and IMO they definitely have a target for 2026 - Keep an eye on Dylan Brown who is contracted to 2028 I think but has options in his favour every year from end of next season.

S Smith will get his chances next year too (High chance Walker plays origin).

In relation to Dylan Brown, I believe you are correct. That's one thing the 360 crew were banging on about a few weeks back, namely how many players at the Eels have options on their contracts in their favour. They have the greatest number of players with such in their contracts than any other NRL club does in its top 30.

Valheru

Coach
In relation to Dylan Brown, I believe you are correct. That's one thing the 360 crew were banging on about a few weeks back, namely how many players at the Eels have options on their contracts in their favour. They have the greatest number of players with such in their contracts than any other NRL club does in its top 30.
Yep

And add the fact the coach got sacked and looks to be replaced with a rookie and there could be a mass exodus.

Latest posts