What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Colonel

Immortal
Not much happening at the moment however I can confirm along with Pat O'Hanlon for next season we are rumoured to have signed from Roosters SG Ball Dan Cross.

From what I can find out he is a fullback from the Wide Bay area in Queensland and was the fullback for the team that won the grand final over Parramatta.

Scored eight tries for the SG Ball season.

Played for Qld Under 17's in 2007.

The Colonel

Immortal
From what I understand from stagger - Kelly has re-signed for a further season or two. Auremi is one of the development trainees at the club and I think he is under contract for a while.

i play footy with a kid called kristian kelly
looks like sam thaiday
and he went to a camp earlier on in the yr
and going on another one in september
and he stays at michael hagans apartment
and he is sooooooooooooo gooood
he tears 16's apart

The Colonel

Immortal
Second row and centre Jake.

Very strong ball runner and solid defensively.

As for Kristian Kelly - he is Albert's younger cousin. Four of them I think - Dempsey (Albert's brother) and another cousin Michael. Not sure if they are allwith Parra but they all play for St Paul's Kempsey.

Last edited:

The Colonel

Immortal
Hemani Moala from Roosters. Played Matthews in 2004 for Parramatta before going to the Roosters. Playing NYC tonight v Manly in the centres.

The Colonel

Immortal
FOSTER TOPS TRIALS TO COME TO NOTICE OF NRL TALENT SCOUTS
Story By :
Woodberry’s Daniel Foster did not just get picked in the NSW Combined High Schools rugby league team, he gave Australian Schoolboys selectors some serious food for thought as well.
Foster was named player of the trials when the cream of the state school rugby league crop were put through their paces in Toronto in May.
Named in his pet position at hooker, Foster will be part of the under-15 side to represent NSWCHS at the Australian Championships in Bundaberg, Queensland in June and July.
Foster, 15, starred in the undefeated Northern NSW team that tore through a draw of state school sides in Toronto last month.
By no means the biggest player in the CHS forward pack, Foster’s mobility made him a threat around the ruck. It was this threat that grabbed the attention of selectors, rating him above the other nineteen players honoured with NSWCHS selection.
When the state side flies to Queensland to play the nation’s best at the end of the month, there will be no mystery in the motive of this ambitious 15-year-old.
“That’s the ultimate goal, to make the Australian Schoolboys,” he said.
A career in rugby league is not unrealistic for Foster, with NRL development squads already showing an interest.
“So far I think Parramatta have been in contact, but I’m not sure who else.”
But this level-headed Hunter Sports High student is not being blinded by the lights in his eyes.
Even at his age he is aware of the potentially hollow promise of a career in professional sport.
“That’s the dream, to play professionally. But I think you should always have a backup.
“I’d probably like to get a trade as well. Heaps of players don’t make it.”
Foster is currently rising through the ranks of the Western Suburbs club in Newcastle, currently playing with the under-15s team.

http://maitland.yourguide.com.au/ne...me-to-notice-of-nrl-talent-scouts/788988.aspx

The Colonel

Immortal
Soane Manumua, currently negotiating a development contract with Parramatta, says he's under "heaps" of pressure. "My dad's just telling me get more involved in the game. He knows I'm a good player, he just wants me to get more involved. The more I get involved the more I get noticed," Manumua said. "But my mum, she just doesn't want me to play because she reckons I'll get hurt. My dad knows I've got a future if I work hard at it."
A generation ago, rugby league was a game and sometimes a dream. Kids today are living in a world where it's also a prospective career. "Rugby league's become a job now," says Manumua. It's a job he wants, but that's no automatic guarantee of success. "We're teaching the importance of keeping it balanced, between football and education. There's a lack of Plan Bs," Lakisa said.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/sport/the-pacific-solution/809760.aspx

Stagger eel

Staff member
the whispers I'm hearing.

Callan Richardson - Newcastle - backrower/Centre - signed with us yesterday.
James Maloney - Melbourne - 2 years.

pazzaeel

Juniors
the whispers I'm hearing.

Callan Richardson - Newcastle - backrower/Centre - signed with us yesterday.
James Maloney - Melbourne - 2 years.

Do you know anything about Callan Richardson. is he any good or another lowrie?

The Colonel

Immortal
Richardson - NSW Under 17's rep, NSW Under 19's rep

If anyone remembers the 2006 Jersey Flegg Grand Final, Richardson played centre and was one of Newcastles best. Has played both NYC and NSW Cup for most of the year. Moved into the backrow as he has bulked up. Strong workrate player - in the recent game against Penrith (11 Jul) he made 51 tackles, 10 tackles for 82 metres.

Is the NYC Knights captain.

NAME: CALLAN RICHARDSON
DOB: 18/07/1988
PLACE:
JUNIOR CLUB: Central Charlestown
POSITION: Centre
WEIGHT: 89kg
HEIGHT: 180cm
REP HONOURS: NSW 17s, 19s
PREVIOUS CLUBS:
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Xbox and soccer
GROWING UP WHO WAS YOUR HERO: Michael Jordan
CRAZIEST AMBITION: To go sky diving
MY AUTOBIOGRAPHY WOULD BE TITLED: I won't have one I'm to boring
NICKNAME: Richo, Rookie, Calvin
FEW PEOPLE KNOW THAT: I always beat Ben aat FIFA 08
WHEN I FINISH PLAYING RUGBY LEAGUE I WOULD LIKE TO:
Go around the world
FAVOURITE TEAM AS A CHILD: Knights
FAVOURITE PLAYER GROWING UP? Steve Renouf
BEST ADVICE EVER GIVEN TO ME? Be nice to others and you will be treated the same

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/Callan_Richardson

nyc_callan_richardson.jpg

fish eel

Immortal
I have to laugh about the irony of a thread about Parramatta signing juniors from other clubs....

The Colonel

Immortal
I have to laugh about the irony of a thread about Parramatta signing juniors from other clubs....

;-)

Apparently everyone signs ours.....

Interesting actually that we have signed a kid who technically will be outside the NYC/First Grade squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.