What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Pomoz

Bench
I F$@king love Mitch Kenny! That guy would die for his team mates and this club.

Hopefully he starts getting the recognition he deserves.

He should at least be in origin discussions.
Origin? Why would the Blues want a player that won't take a backward step, is nails hard, has a great motor, and will die for the cause? QLD never pick players like that......

Two things. In a Bloke in a Bar Podcast, James Fisher Harris was asked what his best memory of the 2022 GF was and he said "Moses and Mitch destroying the Eels forwards. Mitch is a dawg!". Leota who was present at the interview nodded in agreement. If JFH thinks Mitch is tough, that's good enough for me and the Blues selectors. But they do love their fancy Dan, flashy types.

Second thing. Just remember, when you play the Panthers there is no such thing as a loose ball. It's' Mitch's ball and everybody else can Feck off! He is like a Ferret after a Rabbit, ripping and tearing and burrowing. Thankfully, God made Mitch small for the health and safety of all opposition players.

Iamback

Coach
I didn’t say they’d pick him, I’m saying he should be in the conversation.

He’d have to be close the best defensive hooker in the NRL.

NSW's defence isn't the issue.

You are looking at

Jake Turbo
Haas
Yeo

As your middles, on a bad day you might get 2 missed tackles from them combined

What NSW need are players that can break down a very very good QLD defensive line, That has been the issue outside of Latrell no one consistently can do that

Luke Bowden

First Grade
NSW's defence isn't the issue.

You are looking at

Jake Turbo
Haas
Yeo

As your middles, on a bad day you might get 2 missed tackles from them combined

What NSW need are players that can break down a very very good QLD defensive line, That has been the issue outside of Latrell no one consistently can do that
I didn’t say it was an Issue.

Defence is 50% of the game. When a player is the best in his position in defence, surely he’s worthy of consideration.

I think Kenny at 9 and Api on the bench is worth looking at. Especially with Nath at 7 and Yeo 13

Iamback

Coach
I didn’t say it was an Issue.

Defence is 50% of the game. When a player is the best in his position in defence, surely he’s worthy of consideration.

I think Kenny at 9 and Api on the bench is worth looking at. Especially with Nath at 7 and Yeo 13

Not in a spine position when you are trying to break down 17 of the best defenders in the game.

Particularly how defence is set up these days. You are inside the 10 and only have a marker and the Fullback defends in the line.

Hookers have plenty of help in defence