What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Bob Scott

Juniors
Agree. We just need to pay a psychologist to help SJ realise he can mature into a champion 7. and not rely on his zips and dazzle.
The one thing this would do for SJ is to release some pressure on having to be the one that has to win the game , i think this is something he has really struggled with through out his career . He has never had someone alongside him with real game in them , he will with NH . I think this will make a huge diff for his game .

coolumsharkie

Referee
Dead right Bob and others, SJ imo is the perfect compliment for a young player like Hynes. Provided he stays on the park, yet even off the field, SJ is the man you want a young gun to feed off as well.

Looks like I'll be watching more Storm games this year then.

Ben Ikin sit down, shut the f**k up and eat a turd!

The Sharks just signed the prized player of this free agent class.

So much for not being able to get a deal done for highly rated players.

Watch all the hypocrites on Facebook jump and down with joy now.

Just to remind them all it was the Sharks board they wanted gone that signed Fitzgibbon.

It is now Fitzgibbon’s relationship with players like Hynes that has got a young class player to the club.

If Morris was still coaching no way we sign a player like Hynes.

DJDL

Bench
I was fairly dismissive of signing Nicho when the idea was first floated but have come around the past month or so.

I watched his interview on the Face to Face With Matty Johns and noticed all the footage of him as youngster seemed to show him as a five eighth with lovely ball skills.

Since then, I've noticed more of that seeming to come into his game at Melbourne.

He's an out and out 6 for mine, and a welcome addition to the squad.

I definitely see an SJ/NH pairing as more workable than MM/NH so I'm guessing that pretty much spells curtains for Moyza in the BWB.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I'm a bit sad to see moyza go. He's turning good now. But I guess it's been a bit of a bumpy ride along the way. I never knew why we put him back to fb

I'm a bit sad to see moyza go. He's turning good now. But I guess it's been a bit of a bumpy ride along the way. I never knew why we put him back to fb
He was put back there because Flanno lost Holmes so he bought SJ instead. Moyza had to go back there, which was a shame because in 2018 he had a great season playing 5/8, kind of like he is now.
I expect the Donks to be contacting him (Moyza) asap

Eion

First Grade
I hope we sign someone from the pennies. Then I can watch Storm and Panthers with interest and enjoy watching good footy.

Eion

First Grade
As every day goes by, the more and more glad I am we missed out on Reynolds. He has 1 try assist all season and is 31. Only getting slower and slower as his 3 years at Brisbane goes on.

Nicho is a top drawer signing.
Best thing about it is we drove up the cost for the broncs too. You’re welcome rest of NRL

Quigs

Immortal
I was hoping to get AR here because I was sick and tired of years of watching our leaderless rabble run around the paddock like a pack of 9 year olds.

All I wanted was someone out there yelling and pointing (organising) block headed forwards and flat footed backs into position.

AR does this.

But I am starting to see the sunshine

I am really liking the light at the end of the tunnel getting brighter and brighter.

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Hairy Half

Bob Scott

Juniors
If SJ has half a brain , he signs for us at a realistic price , and we offer a respectful price . A SJ/NH works for us , and if SJ wants to win a comp this is his best chance , especially if we hook 1/2 other good players . Some on the other site suggesting SJ might be looking at the dragons , good luck to him , he only goes there for the money , they are so far away from a comp you need a telescope .

myrrh ken

First Grade
He was put back there because Flanno lost Holmes so he bought SJ instead. Moyza had to go back there, which was a shame because in 2018 he had a great season playing 5/8, kind of like he is now.
I expect the Donks to be contacting him (Moyza) asap

All those years we've sunk money into SJ and MM and we have played them together in the halves about 5 times because of injuries and our coaches have preferred you know who

ghoti

Bench
I don't really know much about him. It's a bold choice. Can he kick/ organise?

His kicking game is still developing (not getting too many opportunities though), and he's not had to organise in the NRL yet (he surely would have done a fair bit in QRL). I reckon he'll be a running 5/8 for another few years at least. He keeps getting Papenhuyzen comparisons, but he reminds me more of Munster (without the attitude) and can see the same development path.

I hope he can got those aspects of his game going when he comes to us... last couple seasons and start of this year he had a helluva blooper real, but has had some real good weeks and hopefully the confidence snowballs and Melbourne go deep into the finals with no scars on him!

PJ

First Grade

I can't help but think he is only coming good cause he is off contract.