What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

snout

First Grade
You could maybe mount an argument for him.
Maybe.
If you got him supercheap.

He played most of the year at storm after cronk left and they were top 4 all year.
Belly sacked him just out from the finals for Jerome Hughes as he didn't think croft was the guy and wanted more.
As usual belly was proven right.

The fact croft isn't Jerome Hughes isn't a slur because there's another 13 half-backs in the comp who aren't either.

In the past 2 years croft has been in a system with no coaching, form nor success. The only 2 players in that club to show any form are staggs and hass.

He's been in and out of the side and making terrible errors. Playing shit...but you can see he has no confidence. Less than none. And surrounded by failure.
So it's hard to get a read on him.

Maybe he hasn't reached his potential.
Maybe.
If he played as well as he did at the storm he's probably better than most other options.

R-15-3

Bench
I’m not saying sign him as our main half on $500k but under $200k as an experienced half to have playing for the Jets as back up might be able to turn it all around.
Don’t think he failed at Melbourne or was unwanted more to do with him wanting a pay day being on a base salary and Melbourne not willing to throw big money at him with the way Hughes was developing. Brisbane signed him as their next franchise halfback with zero structure or players around him. He went from one extreme to another.
Unless we sign a big money half we need another back up with experience with us relying on
Nicho
Moylan
Tracey
Trindal
Metcalf
I’m happy with that combo to be given first shot but no way can I guarantee any of them as our permanent half’s.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Croft was mentioned in an article he was free to look around and we maybe a possible suitor ( journalist guess ) If Brisbane chip in and we aren’t making a play at any big money half’s wouldn’t mind him as our jets/back up option.
Has looked ordinary since going to Brisbane but so has everyone at Brisbane the past few years.
His defensive stats put him in the top half dozen half’s in the comp whilst doing that at Brisbane and knowing how much fitz loves his defence maybe an option.
With a regimented coaching structure similar to Melbourne would do him good.
Would prefer him over Ash Taylor, Norman, etc

I dunno. Seems psychologically damaged. No confidence.

He's been to the Storm R-15. Had enormous potential when he went off to the StormS (I'm being trendy here LOL) but didn't kick on.

shaggs

Coach
I don’t see the value in having an nrl halfback signed to just play reserve grade. Brisbane have 11 on their books and they just shuffle the deck chairs each week.
Put a 19-20 in there and tell him he has a season or 2 of proving he can match it with men. Put them on the the development contract.
The squad will have enough coverage around to fill a spot

shaggs

Coach
I dunno. Seems psychologically damaged. No confidence.

He's been to the Storm R-15. Had enormous potential when he went off to the StormS (I'm being trendy here LOL) but didn't kick on.
Broncos have a habit of breaking halves. Like Ricky and the roosters.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I think Gosiewski would be a decent signing. What does it mean for Wade though? Signing him would give us Wade, Gosiewski, Nikora, Talakai, Wilton. Seems one too many back rowers.

snout

First Grade
Was not a Sharks target though, just me.

Another I mentioned probably weeks ago is a target though. Sean O'Sullivan
Been mentioned as loan player. With Billy walters. Cupboards almost bare

What about Chad? Could we get him back for a loan?

R-15-3

Bench
Talakai is not an edge forward, sets his eyes in defence and is very vulnerable to decoys.
Needs to be a middle off the bench but he does need to learn how to be ready to go when he comes on, takes him to long to get up to speed