What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

shaggs

Coach
I just noticed Franklin Pele continues to slide Dogs released him to Hull end of last year, they now released him to Bradford another division down.
A guy who looked like had potential
Hmmm interesting. Are you suggesting that potential doesn’t directly correlate to long term nrl stardom and/or be a valid reason to toss established nrl players out of a side?

Hmmm interesting. Are you suggesting that potential doesn’t directly correlate to long term nrl stardom and/or be a valid reason to toss established nrl players out of a side?
Not at all.
I remember him at sharks always looked lazy in defence, but talked up.
He was basically a big guy running over small guys.
When the match ups got more even, players with better tackling techniques he was found out

I look at how we lost Chevy Stewart same year as Pele he looks like he can play, but club let him walk, or he didn't see a chance to play first grade

shaggs

Coach
Not at all.
I remember him at sharks always looked lazy in defence, but talked up.
He was basically a big guy running over small guys.
When the match ups got more even, players with better tackling techniques he was found out

I look at how we lost Chevy Stewart same year as Pele he looks like he can play, but club let him walk, or he didn't see a chance to play first grade
When you let him walk, do you feel the club should have offered him a top 30 contract?
Minimum wage is $130k in 2024.
18 months ago when he signed was he worth that?
should the club have offered him that amount? Compared to the likely $30-40k they did?

When you let him walk, do you feel the club should have offered him a top 30 contract?
Minimum wage is $130k in 2024.
18 months ago when he signed was he worth that?
should the club have offered him that amount? Compared to the likely $30-40k they did?
It seems Ricky seen potential in him.
Everyone new this kid could play.
We decided on Siteno he has done nothing.
Even then Kennedy was not a standout and he still isn't now.
The Storm and dolphin backup fullbacks look better then Kennedy

shaggs

Coach
As usual the question wasn’t answered. Did Chevy Stewart show you enough when he was 16/17 to justify him taking up $130k in the cap? Don’t forget the sharks squad is much more well rounded than the raiders, who struggle to recruit and had no real fullback at the time.

Also you are wrong about siteni. He was signed by John morris on the recommendation of Glenn Brailey.
Fitz could not believe he was signed long term when the length of contract was discovered. He won’t be retained. Absolutely stinks.
Fairly certain you were calling for him to be in NRL because he played on the wing for Greece.

Truth of the matter these days is that above average teen footballers are smarter and more aware of squads and the depth in them. When I was 17, I didn’t want to go anywhere. I wanted to move through at the sharks. Now, they know depth charts and go where the path is easiest.
Raiders don’t have an elite NRL fullback in their entire squad.
Rapana for all his enthusiasm and experience doesn’t make the starting 13 at any other club

shaggs

Coach
I’m sure the sharks saw the potential too. Ricky was happier to pay triple. That’s all it is.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I’m probably the odd one out here.

I don’t see all the who ha about Chevy Stewart.

I rate Dykes (if he can have a decent run without injury) and Ison as better prospects. You can’t keep them all.
I don't either.

His stats over 3 games certainly don't back up the love. If Kennedy had defensive stats this bad he'd be burnt at the Stake

Screen Shot 2024-06-22 at 5.21.46 pm.png

Chimp

Bench
I’m not so sure about AFB. I’ve his last couple of games he looks a bit of a slug and a set play seems to be needed to put him over the try line. Maybe he is just trying to stay healthy?
I think he is elite - but, I do hear you on the setplay piece…. Clearly he’s big, strong and has great late footwork, that make him a handful, but he doesn’t do it on his own, he needs the craft of Wade Egan…. I fear at our place, it will be obvious he’s gonna get the ball and the defenders will just number up on him, knowing Brailey won’t do anything unexpected himself.

Special K

Coach
Now, they know depth charts and go where the path is easiest.
I agree with everything you have said but I will say for the most part we keep the ones we want these days. 5, 10 years ago Stonestreet would be at the Dragons or something. I'd argue Trindall would have left before this year and a few others. Most buy into the culture we are trying to build. The outliers are the ones who don't buy in or are a little bit different characters ie Chevy or even you could go back to Xerri/Scott and their issues. Parents tend to play a huge role in that. We keep the majority despite a clogged pathway. I do have massive concerns about Gus and the dogs though.

Fair play to the Raiders who have gone out and signed a ton of rep 19 year olds. This is like when they did their england raid. Out of the box thinking and could pay off. Keeping them will be the hard part.

Also for all those complaining about losing Chevy we went out into the market and bought his biggest rival in Ison who grew up as a sharks fan. Ison is an elite level 19 year old. Not all kick on but still it is not as if we sat there and said oh well.

Latest posts