What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

shaggs

Coach
Jayden could come back and have all the Braileys playing at same time lol

If we lose Healey because he senses his path is blocked it becomes a real concern.
Is Brailey snr a key in recruitment, why not move him on, what's the worse that happens Blayke throws his toys out
This and
Footy clubs are notorious for having the ‘jobs for the boys’ attitude…

It is ‘easier said than done’ to move someone on when they are a ‘dyed in the wool’ club man…

I say that as a general rule (personal observation from my experience with a number of footy clubs in rural NSW) - I have never met the bloke…
this

Special K

Coach
Yeah so Berrell isn't being re-signed. Healey would be the back up here. Show me 3 Sydney clubs where he has that?

Also

The Cronulla Sharks have upgraded the contracts of one of their most promising playmakers as they invest in the future.

Named as halfback for the 2023 Australian Schoolboys team and former NSW representative in touch football, Riley Pollard has been progressing through the club's ranks and could potentially make his NRL first-grade debut next season.

Previously joining from the Penrith Panthers, Zero Tackle can reveal that the Cronulla Sharks have upgraded the contract of Pollard.

This will see him join the club's development list for next season - alongside Liam Ison - before progressing into the club's Top 30 roster for the 2027 NRL season.

Starting in the SG Ball Cup at the beginning of the year, he has become the number one option in attack for the Sharks Jersey Flegg Cup team and is destined to be the perfect backup to Nicho Hynes and Braydon Trindall.

Before this season began, he was meant to feature in the NRL Pre-Season Challenge before being ruled out due to concussion.

His inclusion into the club's Top 30 roster for the 2027 season makes him the third player signed for that season following Addin Fonua-Blake and Nicho Hynes.

Last edited:
Ison and Pollard are being told not top 30 till 2027.
So the club says they will need another 2 years before they are at level of being a first grade footballer

fizman

Bench
Before we throw Blayke Brailey out the door, I would like to understand how he is being Coached to play. He has a running game, he has a kicking game from dummy half - he has the skills, we were all excited by he was going to offer the Team.

It is like the natural instinctive play has been Coached out of him for a more structured robotic performance.

Before we throw Blayke Brailey out the door, I would like to understand how he is being Coached to play. He has a running game, he has a kicking game from dummy half - he has the skills, we were all excited by he was going to offer the Team.

It is like the natural instinctive play has been Coached out of him for a more structured robotic performance.
The des hasler coaching style tackle and pass from dummy half and nothing else

shaggs

Coach
Someone show a graph across his career with a line to demonstrate the average number of runs per game

DJDL

Bench

I've been asking this for a while.
Everyone one here said the same things about him last year, and yet the coach voted him player of the year.
To me, that pretty much confirms he's playing exactly to instruction.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Ison and Pollard are being told not top 30 till 2027.
So the club says they will need another 2 years before they are at level of being a first grade footballer

Firstly things change, and I doubt the club if true has explicitly said you're not playing first grade till 2027

Secondly are you sure that's true, being on a dev squad for the next 3 years seems to go against our development pathways.

Thirdly whilst I 2027 sounds like a while away, they wont be ready next year. Best case they might jag a game if we get injurie Ison more before Pollard but 2026 will likely be when they're more likely ready.

Ison - looks very very promising but needs sometime to develop more physically otherwise he's going to get ragdolled too much with his current weight and size.

Pollard - halves need time. He played SG Ball this year and starting to find his feet in Flegg, so assuming he transitions to NSW cup next year he'll be more developed for 2026.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Taj is the worst of the lot.

Yeah we shouldn't be pinning any hopes on Taj imo.

Need to let Berrell go and give Healey the next spot, hopefully that's enough to keep him here a bit longer to put pressure on Blayke. Whether that's enough to see change who knows. With AFB being a big minute prop, perhaps running a second hooker is more of an option

Not sure what issue is with Brandon Smith at Roosters but I would have him over Brailey.
He also operates as a middle or edge and have Healey off the bench some games to ease him in

Badge

Juniors
Looking at the flegg games this year, Taj Ford appears to be going well. Scored a couple of good tries in recent weeks. Has a good running game and kicking game.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Looking at the flegg games this year, Taj Ford appears to be going well. Scored a couple of good tries in recent weeks. Has a good running game and kicking game.
What happened to Max Riolo ?

He had wraps on him and looked good last year, though missed games through to injury.

I know he played earlier this year.

shaggs

Coach
Riolo like taj brailey are very small and not handling the contact.
Riolo has had multiple concussions

Riolo plays much too frantically for me.

I say we make play for Spencer Leniu for end of next season, the Roosters are going to try and keep him, but they need to upgrade Walker and Manu would be back by then, the other option would be Whyte
Try to move Uele on he is injured to much for my like, also McInness off contract end of 2025 decision there will need to be made

bluefox68

Staff member
I say we make play for Spencer Leniu for end of next season, the Roosters are going to try and keep him, but they need to upgrade Walker and Manu would be back by then, the other option would be Whyte
Try to move Uele on he is injured to much for my like, also McInness off contract end of 2025 decision there will need to be made
I would LOVE to have Leniu…