What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Exactly...knee jerk reaction to losing Lomax. Val has a bit more upside than Duges (primarily his goal kicking) but $850k a season? Pffft.
Spot on.
Flange tells Lomax he will be playing wing, and that $850k is too much for a winger,
Lomax gets a better deal where the following years add up to more than what Flange was offering. Nothing to do with his boxing desires.
Lomax actually really excels at wing, Flange takes the credit, and rightly so, only problem is that they now have to replace him.
Enter Val, gets signed for $850k, and he will be playing wing.
A total knee jerk movement.

I read idiot Hoopers column today where he said how Flange is doing exactly the same as he did at Cronulla, with buying experience.
what a load of BS, at Cronulla he bought Premiership winning players. Lewis, Heighnington, Prior and Maloney.
Can Holmes bring what these players did?
He did also buy some recent GF players in Ennis and Barba, but it was those Premiership winning players who lead the way in 2016.

Holmes a $850k winger?!?!?! absolutely-fecking-not. $650k at best, the same as Lomax, with time on JL's side.

Last edited:

shadowboxer

First Grade
Spot on.
Flange tells Lomax he will be playing wing, and that $850k is too much for a winger,
Lomax gets a better deal where the following years add up to more than what Flange was offering. Nothing to do with his boxing desires.
Lomax actually really excels at wing, Flange takes the credit, and rightly so, only problem is that they now have to replace him.
Enter Val, gets signed for $850k, and he will be playing wing.
A total knee jerk movement.

I read idiot Hoopers column today where he said how Flange is doing exactly the same as he did at Cronulla, with buying experience.
what a load of BS, at Cronulla he bought Premiership winning players. Lewis, Heighnington, Prior and Maloney.
Can Holmes bring what these players did?
He did also buy some recent GF players in Ennis and Barba, but it was those Premiership winning players who lead the way in 2016.

Holmes a $850k winger?!?!?! absolutely-fecking-not. $650k at best, the same as Lomax, with time on JL's side.
Right on man. I couldn’t put it any better.
Another thing was that Mooney was at the club during that stellar recruitment - he bundys off and the rot set in. Flanno was playing money all with monopoly dollars.
Is Val better than Dugan was when he came to us? Hmmm yes…I guess time will tell, Dugan was balls though.

Right on man. I couldn’t put it any better.
Another thing was that Mooney was at the club during that stellar recruitment - he bundys off and the rot set in. Flanno was playing money all with monopoly dollars.
Is Val better than Dugan was when he came to us? Hmmm yes…I guess time will tell, Dugan was balls though.
Yep.
With Moons - Lewis, Barba, Prior, Ennis, Heighno, Fifita, Maloney.
After Moons - Johnson, Moylan, Dugan, Woods.

Being involved with the Fox network allows certain myths to be created. You'd think The Dargon fans would remember all about that with Hook.

DJDL

First Grade

Hooper is spot on.
Flange is doing exactly what he did at Cronulla - post-grand final.
Needs to replace players, buys anyone that is available without thought for how they fit the squad, or salary cap ramifications.

Think Duges, Sharon, Moyza, Johnson.

Quicksilver

Bench
Hooper is spot on.
Flange is doing exactly what he did at Cronulla - post-grand final.
Needs to replace players, buys anyone that is available without thought for how they fit the squad, or salary cap ramifications.

Think Duges, Sharon, Moyza, Johnson.

I would have more confidence buying Val than any of those guys. He's a tier higher in reliability, but his wandering "ambitions" seem to remain a concern though.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I reckon it will be Felix the Fullback to be honest. Sloan is effluent. Dragons centres this week, their next men up are the Feagai twins. Also effluent. Can't see Humphrey on the wing

DJDL

First Grade
I would have more confidence buying Val than any of those guys. He's a tier higher in reliability, but his wandering "ambitions" seem to remain a concern though.

For the most part I agree, but he's on the downward slide.
There's a reason the Cows are happy to let him go - he ain't worth the coin.
As @bad boy bubby pointed out, they only pick up part of the freight for next year.
After that the Dargons are paying upwards of 800k a year for a winger who, based on current trajectory, will be well past his prime.

That reeks of the Dugan, Woods et al signings.

Throw in Cook for good measure and he's well on his way to repeating what he did to us.

Flanno's literally batting his eyelids at any of these big names/past it players that have got the tap on the shoulder. But those players aren't the calibre of Lewis, Barba, Ennis, Maloney etc. And thankfully his son wasn't around in that era too.

He may get it right and I'll have egg on my face obviously but hope not.

Latest posts