What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

R-15-3

Bench
Happy with both, Hiroti is low wage perfect squad filler who can come in and do a job.

Williams is a good $300k bench middle but with bigger minutes from AFB and hopefully Sifa getting more time in the middle and in a prop market he has priced himself out of staying.

That’s Hunt, Finucane and Williams gone and Kafusi still not confirmed

Chimp

Bench
I’m surprised he’s not gone to a bigger club - I like Williams, he’s our quickest forward, the one who runs and hits with most sting.
If he were going to somewhere like the Storm/Roosters (which I’m surprised he’s not), I think it’s one where we’d look back and think ‘what could have been’, but as he’s going to Parra, I doubt his career progresses any further than his current rocks and diamonds.

Avenger

Immortal
I’m surprised he’s not gone to a bigger club - I like Williams, he’s our quickest forward, the one who runs and hits with most sting.
If he were going to somewhere like the Storm/Roosters (which I’m surprised he’s not), I think it’s one where we’d look back and think ‘what could have been’, but as he’s going to Parra, I doubt his career progresses any further than his current rocks and diamonds.
You think we are a small club? Are you serious?

Avenger

Immortal
I have to admit I was surprised he has played so many NRL games. I'm assuming most have been from the bench. Saw some highlights. He seems to have some good leg speed, which we lack in the forwards.

R-15-3

Bench
Some harsh judgment of Hiroti, he is never going to be a star but you need to balance out the squad.
He is minimum contract, experienced can cover multiple backline positions as our 3rd or 4th choice for a game or 2.
If our rookies step up and out top line don’t get injured he doesn’t play.

Chimp

Bench
You think we are a small club? Are you serious?
I didn’t say you were small, but there are bigger (or better) clubs - in todays game, I think it’s fair to say most people would describe Broncos/Storm/Roosters/Panthers and probably Souths as bigger clubs than the Eels.
Forget the wording bigger/better though, what I’m saying is that if he goes to one of the clubs above, I think he becomes a better player, whereas going to Parra, I don’t see him getting any better than he is right now, though I accept there is an element of unknown with Ryles.
Just my opinion….. I’m disappointed he’s leaving, I like him, he has plenty of potential to really lift his game to an elite level, but I doubt he does that at Parra. If he goes to Storm, he becomes an origin player, no doubt about it.

Avenger

Immortal
I didn’t say you were small, but there are bigger (or better) clubs - in todays game, I think it’s fair to say most people would describe Broncos/Storm/Roosters/Panthers and probably Souths as bigger clubs than the Eels.
Forget the wording bigger/better though, what I’m saying is that if he goes to one of the clubs above, I think he becomes a better player, whereas going to Parra, I don’t see him getting any better than he is right now, though I accept there is an element of unknown with Ryles.
Just my opinion….. I’m disappointed he’s leaving, I like him, he has plenty of potential to really lift his game to an elite level, but I doubt he does that at Parra. If he goes to Storm, he becomes an origin player, no doubt about it.
I get you mate. You have an argument there. Maybe recently more successful but I'd say we are as big as any of the clubs you mentioned. Huge fan base, best suburban stadium, large corporate sponsorship.

Isaiah Papali'i became the best backrower in the game after joining us, so we do have ability to bring players to the next level.

Chimp

Bench
I have to admit I was surprised he has played so many NRL games. I'm assuming most have been from the bench. Saw some highlights. He seems to have some good leg speed, which we lack in the forwards.
His age surprised me - for some reason, I still see him as a ‘young up and comer’, but he’s 28 and as you say, has loads of games under his belt.
I suspect it’s because he’s not nailed down a starting spot, so has always just been a benchie really.
As I’ve said earlier, I think you’ve got a good one (albeit with some concentration issues), and he could go on to be better than I-Pap…..

Latest posts