What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Special K

Coach
Well it leaves our forward depth a little thinner so I wouldn’t be surprised to see another middle added. I’m going to assume Kaufusi will be re-signed so we’ll have….
Kaufusi
AFB
BHU
Toby
Tuks
Tall Tom
Talakai will probably play middle?
Colquhon?

The depth ain’t that bad but I’d still want one more for comfort.
I think if you look at quality that is certainly up there.

Tier 1
AFB

Tier 2
Kaufusi, BHU, Toby

Tier 3
Hazo, Tuks

Tier 4
JC below because of injuries

That is 7 NRL level middles but all props. 4 when fit are all starters(5 if you want to back Hazo). I think this forces our hand with Sifa to ensure he is no longer that centre/backrower but becomes an out and out middle after getting his body back to being the right size after slimming down to play out wide for the back up 13 role.

The concern for me would be finding a guy to play 13/backrow if Sifa/Cam/JC are out. We had that at times this year and needed Jack. Perhaps Burns is kept on a low contract like Hiroti because of this but he isn't a middle. Perhaps Blake Hosking is the one they want to promote internally. Hosking won the Players player & Player of the Year award for 20's in 22. Played 28 games this year for the Jets starting all bar 6 as lock or 2nd row.

No idea about Bradbury. I wouldn't read too much about him always being around. He is a country kid who lives next door to Shark park. He like all of them love the joint and want to stay but who knows.

Either way we have changes which is want everyone has been craving.

Chimp

Bench
I do have a bit of a worry with AFB, but it’s not about him, he’s a gun…. It’s that we can’t just expect to shovel him shit and he’ll score - yes he’s very strong and agile for a big bloke, with great late footwork, but he needs some deception and craft from his number 9 to get him a 1 on 1 right on the line. I’m not sure our number 9 has that in him. He’s certainly not shown it even once in the final 10 meters for the last 3 years.

Latest posts