What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraymob

Coach
Anyone know if Setiamata Sa > Catalans been confirmed yet?

Has there been any interest in Sa from NRL clubs?

there was interest from penrith.But since then penrith have made plenty of signings so i doubt there is any more interest

ostrich20

Juniors
Matt Orford...straight to the bank. Money grabber.

I am not really up in arms about whether he leaves or goes, but Matt has already submitted his request to stay at Manly (seeking a 2 year deal), Manly are stuffing him around at the moment with the boardroom dramas if you had read more than just the headline.

Negotiations between the players and club have been drawn out following the boardroom drama that plagued the Sea Eagles during 2009. The off-field feud between co-owners Scott Penn and Max Delmege eventually resulted in chief executive Grant Mayer leaving the club.

Michael Robertsons, David Williams and Matt Orford's contracts won't be resolved till the new CEO is appointed in my opinion, but I can see all of them at the club next year.

D

Deleted member 10972

Kane Linnett (Dragons NYC - centre), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Manly NYC - prop), Brad Takairangi (Souths NYC - backrow) and Steve Naughton (Raiders NYC - wing) are all confirmed signings for the Roosters for next season.

I also have it on good word that Tinirau Arona (Panthers NYC - prop), Jono Ford (Knights NYC - fullback), Jason Baitieri (Eels NYC - lock) have also signed with the Sydney Roosters, and they have also retained NYC players Luke Towers (fullback), Martin Kennedy (prop), and Mose Masoe (prop).

On a side note, there was a strong rumour that Liam Foran would follow his brother to Manly, but it seems that in all the pre-season training videos, Liam Foran has been present, in particular one where he won the team Yo-Yo fitness test. So I guess he is staying as well.

I am glad to see that O'Sullivan is picking up lots of young talent rather than just tossing money at big names again. O'Sullivan in his time at the Roosters has tended to make two kinds of signings - big names (Willie Mason, Mark O'Meley) or completely left-field signings (Sisa Waqa, Albert Hopoate, Brent Grose, Tevita Folau). It is good that he is now focusing his recruitment on widespread player youth retention (Friend, Jones, Myles, Symonds, Aubusson, Cherrington, Nuuausala, Perrett, SKD and Pearce all re-signed over the last 2 years), and purchasing REQUIRED signings (Ryles, Graham) as well as NYC youth for depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts