What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceagle

Bench
What the hell, this is the first i'm hearing about DCE. They kept that under wraps pretty well. Foran is the better half at manly anyway. DCE still has his second season to come. He can ask Mortimer what thats about.
Are you truely comparing Mortimer to DCE?

Timbo

Staff member
People were pretty excited about Mortimer after one season. I think Cherry-Evans is better, but who knows what the next 12 months will bring?

ceagle

Bench
Mortimer is so short on all the skills it requires to be a first grader ( I think all Parra fans will agree with me on this) which DCE has already shown he has. All Mortimer could do was be a good support player for Hayne.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Rodney, Robertson and Hoppa are leaving so that frees up a bit of space. DCE $1 million contract is over 4 years so it is only 250k a year, pretty cheap for a halfback.

Not really, only one there who would free any coin up there is Robertson, other two on peanuts.

Agree though if you put it at 250k a year for 4 years good deal.

dogslife

Coach
Rodney is a massive loss for you guys, both me and my mate (Manly fan) rated him highly. I never saw Daniel Mortimer playing before he reached first grade, but saw a lot of DCE, he blitzed it in Q-Cup, so I was always expecting big things from him, can't see him following in Mortimers trail

ceagle

Bench
I never rated Mortimer, Hayne did everything for Parra in 2009. All Mortimer did was score some good trys backing up alot the breaks they created that year.

In RLW today that Shaun Berrigan could be bound for Canberra.

We needs some experience and he would be a great acquisition to our very young backline.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Morts did a few good things in 09. I remember he set up a great try against Newcastle (I think) through a chip and chase. Scored a good try against the Dragons too I think by just by throwing a dummy and going. He didn't do nothing in 09. Last 2 years however...

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Des rumour been going round long time with foran, heard on the grape vine that stuart has signed and wants carney, infact it also said dymock does too.

Status
Not open for further replies.