What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
I think what he is saying is that DWZ has a skill set more suited to fullback along with the talent and potential to be an outstanding fullback. Moylan is a great fullback but has the skill set and talent to be a better half.

Tommy Smith

Referee
RTS was far more advanced in his career than DWZ in 2014, being a current NZ rep and having been named winger of the year in 2013.

And Moylan was considerably better than Mini in 2014.

So that's a dreadful comparison.

RWB

Bench
So let me guess RTS wasn't a better FB then Minichello last year?

I think we would've been better off taking the risk of playing RTS at fullback over Mini but I acknowledge it would've been a risk as his quality is an unknown in the top flight. That doesn't make him a better fullback though, it just means he has the potential to be better.

If the comment was "I think the balance of the team would be far better if we shifted Moylan to 5/8 and gave DWZ a shot at fullback given the potential he showed in the lower grades" ... then yeh fair comment. But to flat out say DWZ is the best fullback and the club right now despite never having played a first grade game there and whilst Matt Moylan someone who's performed very strongly there for a decent period of time is at the club is just flat out stupid.

Stop trying to defend stupid comments. DWZ is not the best fullback at the club atm, Moylan is. DWZ might be the best option for the team, but he's certainly not the best fullback.

natheel

Coach
Coote has no more than enough bad luck he doesn't need that

lol the 'don't go to eels they suck' comment. we are an improving side. i think if he's fit would be a good addition but i don't see it happening given Hopoate is touted as Haynes replacement

franklin2323

Immortal
I think we would've been better off taking the risk of playing RTS at fullback over Mini but I acknowledge it would've been a risk as his quality is an unknown in the top flight. That doesn't make him a better fullback though, it just means he has the potential to be better.

If the comment was "I think the balance of the team would be far better if we shifted Moylan to 5/8 and gave DWZ a shot at fullback given the potential he showed in the lower grades" ... then yeh fair comment. But to flat out say DWZ is the best fullback and the club right now despite never having played a first grade game there and whilst Matt Moylan someone who's performed very strongly there for a decent period of time is at the club is just flat out stupid.

Stop trying to defend stupid comments. DWZ is not the best fullback at the club atm, Moylan is. DWZ might be the best option for the team, but he's certainly not the best fullback.

But I don't think that. Our spine started as Kingston/Wallace/Soward. Hardly going to strike fear in teams. So we need the extra ball player at the back so Moylan is the one. That gives us more strike inside 20 but coming out of our own half or breaking the line. Hell even under the high ball Moylan struggles.

Point me to a Panthers fan that thinks Moylan is a long term option at fb? He needs work on defence and to improve kicking game so he's a stop gap atm. Meanwhile easing DWZ into 1st grade on the wing allows both to play and get upto speed so not to lose anything when the change happens

Last edited:
But I don't think that. Our spine started as Kingston/Wallace/Soward. Hardly going to strike fear in teams. So we need the extra ball player at the back so Moylan is the one. That gives us more strike inside 20 but coming out of our own half or breaking the line. Hell even under the high ball Moylan struggles.

Point me to a Panthers fan that thinks Moylan is a long term option at fb? He needs work on defence and to improve kicking game so he's a stop gap atm. Meanwhile easing DWZ into 1st grade on the wing allows both to play and get upto speed so not to lose anything when the change happens

Franklin, you just made RWB's point for him. The key word he used was "option". You are arguing potential over proven performance and that is a matter of opinion, not fact which is what you seem to be arguing considering DWZ has never played fullback in first grade.

I've seen plenty of players look sensational in the lower grades. Everyone say they have heaps of potential, best fullback/centre/winger/halfback etc in the club, and yet they fail to perform at that expected level when they make first grade in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts