What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Bench
Why would Souths want to spend big money on another prop forward anyway? Doesn't make sense.

Blake Fergusson on the other hand does, he adds some much needed class to their 3/4 line and he fits into their no dickhead policy that their fans always rave on about.

Tommy Smith

Referee
If Ben Matulino AND Blake Ferguson end up at Souths in 2014 then I'll sky dive with a pair of Tim Moltzen's undies as a parachute.

It ain't happening.

natheel

Coach
If Ben Matulino AND Blake Ferguson end up at Souths in 2014 then I'll sky dive with a pair of Tim Moltzen's undies as a parachute.

It ain't happening.

Well same could've been said about roosters fitting Jennings and SBW into their roster with maloney

BranVan3000

Coach
Why would Souths want to spend big money on another prop forward anyway? Doesn't make sense.

Blake Fergusson on the other hand does, he adds some much needed class to their 3/4 line and he fits into their no dickhead policy that their fans always rave on about.

With Lima gone we are looking a bit slim there

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well same could've been said about roosters fitting Jennings and SBW into their roster with maloney

Not really. We finished 13th in 2012 and no-one rated us to be a force heading into 2013. But it's amazing what a Premiership does to people's perception of our roster.

I think the equivalent would be us signing both Fergo and Matulino heading into 2014.

One Warrior

Bench
They paid a fortune for Tomkins

Not as much as everybody thinks, we made a big for Carney as well, didn't get him but he was going to be as well as Tomkins not instead off. We have been along way under the salary cap for a number of years, lost Bill Tupou during the year, Taylor has gone and now Lowrie and Packer as well, both who were signed for next year when Tomkins was signed etc. We do not need cap space, we can make a couple more signings or use the cap space for upgrades.

The club would have rocks in their heads to release Matulino, we need an experienced prop, not lose another one.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Not as much as everybody thinks, we made a big for Carney as well, didn't get him but he was going to be as well as Tomkins not instead off. We have been along way under the salary cap for a number of years, lost Bill Tupou during the year, Taylor has gone and now Lowrie and Packer as well, both who were signed for next year when Tomkins was signed etc. We do not need cap space, we can make a couple more signings or use the cap space for upgrades.

The club would have rocks in their heads to release Matulino, we need an experienced prop, not lose another one.

This. We have enough room, if anything a few more signings are needed.

Iafeta

Referee
Not really. We finished 13th in 2012 and no-one rated us to be a force heading into 2013. But it's amazing what a Premiership does to people's perception of our roster.

I think the equivalent would be us signing both Fergo and Matulino heading into 2014.

Yep. With Matulino its certainly not happening. Theres a couple of johnny cum latelys who supposedly support the Warriors who've on some forums got people hook line and sinker that theyre 'former players or employees' who have got away with sprouting outrageous unsubstantiated nonsense about 90% of the roster over the past 15 months. We wouldn't be able to enter a team in the comp next year if these geese were halfway right, still the usual few spread these falsities like its gospel.

BranVan3000

Coach

A salary cap isn't static, you guys signed SBW, Jennings and Maloney. Guys like Tupou, Moa, RTS, Cordner, Mortimer will be wanting upgrades. Even guys like Napa who are only a few games in would have demand.

Matrix

Juniors
A salary cap isn't static, you guys signed SBW, Jennings and Maloney. Guys like Tupou, Moa, RTS, Cordner, Mortimer will be wanting upgrades. Even guys like Napa who are only a few games in would have demand.

Yeah definitely players like Tupou and Moas value would have tripled I reckon.They both wouldnt be on much currently but now I think both could command $250,000 -$300,000 on the open market maybe more from lesser teams like Parra or the tigers.

BranVan3000

Coach
Roosters signed RTS and Cordner on pretty lengthy deals before the season started. But after making Origin and being so valuable they'd want to look after him

BranVan3000

Coach
Souths sponsor A&S Meats tweeted Matulino and Fishiahii signings to be announced in the next few days. Goes along with what I heard about a trade with Lowe. Not sure how credible he is besides being a sponsor and putting 2kg of meat up of he is wrong

Iafeta

Referee
Souths sponsor A&S Meats tweeted Matulino and Fishiahii signings to be announced in the next few days. Goes along with what I heard about a trade with Lowe. Not sure how credible he is besides being a sponsor and putting 2kg of meat up of he is wrong

Hahahshaha. Very funny joke. Well played

BunniesMan

Immortal
Matulino and Fisiiahi to Souths are done deals. We've been clearing room for a reason, this is clearly it.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Or maybe because along with Inglis Sutton Reynolds Luke and Burgess you were close to the top of your cap.

Fish probably but Matulino would be on decent coin.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Some of these rumours are hilarious.

Tomkins is getting paid less than GI and yet we can't afford Matulino despite releasing Packer, losing Taylor, Tupou, and downgrading Friend and Ropati. No make sense.

IF Matulino ends up at Souths it won't be because the Warriors need cap relief and it won't be a trade for Ben Lowe (who may end up signing with the Warriors anyway regardless)

Juju

Juniors
Ill go you 10kg of prime rib eye this rumor is bogus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts