What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Ryan

Juniors
If your hoping to get official info off the MSE site, then don't bother. Out it this way...they still officially haven't announced the signing of Matt Orford. Additionally, they say nothing about Micheal Witt.

I'm sorry, but as a paying member, I demand more information about the club I sponsor.

Yer i agree Ryan, and thats why there is conflict between people and the official sites admin. They get the opportunity to control the official site and they treat PAYING members like children, and don't even have the courtesy to provide us with up to doubt information about our club and its players.

winnyason

Juniors
With the obsession with getting a BK replacement, we may have to take a backward step & look at the impact the throwing out of the anti tampering could have on our backrow namely choc watmough.
With the inflated market with the increase salarly cap & the gold coast in, next year he will be a in demand commodity. He would command 300 to 350 a season looking at the Nate Myles money, could we pay this if we sign a BK replacement, sure choc has not been up to standard this year but i can see the old choc around the corner.
on signing the two i have heard Jon Wilkin(st helens) & John Williams(parra).

The rest on the players left on the market are tier 2 & the signing process is usually slow.
Here are a few options for signings for Bk or in house options.
1. David Solomona(wakefield) his team ulmost certain to drop down, sure not a worker bu a big imact player could rotate him with willow as his defence is sh*t.
2. Dean Bosnich(pia) sure france not the same as here but a good worker & can break the line, suprised cronulla let him go.
3. chris Mckenna(bradford) looking for aussie return sure a bit old but will do the job & proven rep player.
4.Chris beattie(catalans) a thug a good enforcer for the pack could move kite to 2nd row & move him up front, age a factor.
5.move kite to 2nd row & hope byrant, rose or kylie can do the starting job.
6.Steve Mattai has to put on 8 kgs in off season will it happen a big gamble, has the defence & attack a bit light.
7.adam curtherberson a little green needs a bit more beef as well.
8.jamie lyon could use him as a second 5/8 at lock similar to scott hill for blues however this is big move.

winnyason said:
With the obsession with getting a BK replacement, we may have to take a backward step & look at the impact the throwing out of the anti tampering could have on our backrow namely choc watmough.
With the inflated market with the increase salarly cap & the gold coast in, next year he will be a in demand commodity. He would command 300 to 350 a season looking at the Nate Myles money, could we pay this if we sign a BK replacement, sure choc has not been up to standard this year but i can see the old choc around the corner.
on signing the two i have heard Jon Wilkin(st helens) & John Williams(parra).

The rest on the players left on the market are tier 2 & the signing process is usually slow.
Here are a few options for signings for Bk or in house options.
1. David Solomona(wakefield) his team ulmost certain to drop down, sure not a worker bu a big imact player could rotate him with willow as his defence is sh*t.
2. Dean Bosnich(pia) sure france not the same as here but a good worker & can break the line, suprised cronulla let him go.
3. chris Mckenna(bradford) looking for aussie return sure a bit old but will do the job & proven rep player.
4.Chris beattie(catalans) a thug a good enforcer for the pack could move kite to 2nd row & move him up front, age a factor.
5.move kite to 2nd row & hope byrant, rose or kylie can do the starting job.
6.Steve Mattai has to put on 8 kgs in off season will it happen a big gamble, has the defence & attack a bit light.
7.adam curtherberson a little green needs a bit more beef as well.
8.jamie lyon could use him as a second 5/8 at lock similar to scott hill for blues however this is big move.

I thought I heard Watmough was off contract at the end of 2009 :? , Im not 100% sure though. May have be reading about someone else. I know for a fact that Steve Bell, Jason King and Shayne Dunley are all off contract and with Bell being 30 the chances are he may possibly head to England. Surely the club must think this is a possibility so re-signing Matt Ballin MUST become a priority. When Bell leaves I wouldn't mind seeing the following:

3. Lyon
4. Matai
6. Burns
14. Ballin

Four talented young footy players. Obviously our recruitment of young up and coming PL and JF players is vital and the club should create more emphasis on junior developemt rather then big name signings! PL players that to me don't offer anything in the long term include;
  • Jim Curtis
  • Nathan Tutt
  • Mitch Creary
  • And as much as it hurts me to say it J P Cherry (C)
These four players salaries + King and Dunley's salaries should either go at signing a big bopper like Mark O Meley or spending the money on 5 top class juniors in the PL or JF ranks.

Cheers, ;-)

Disco

Bench
i don't think King is off-contract next year, his only into his second year of a 3 year deal, Kite is off contract tho

Blocker i said that these four players salaries + King and Dunley's salaries should either go at signing a big bopper like Mark O Meley or spending the money on 5 top class juniors in the PL or JF ranks. I think the club should place particular emphasis on juniors now that we have a fair amount of depth in most positions. Nathan Tutt :lol:, i wonder why Des doesnt give him a go :?

Latest posts