What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

AJB1102

First Grade
He is a huge chance of winning a couple of premierships with parra while at the tigers be will be battling the wooden spoon and copping sh!t from the media and their fans

the extra 100k they offering wouldn’t be worth it
They offered $175k more. He won't win a comp at either club and he's only 23. Take $500-525k at a club who has a hope before he's 40.

He is a huge chance of winning a couple of premierships with parra while at the tigers be will be battling the wooden spoon and copping sh!t from the media and their fans

https://media0.giphy.com/media/jTmRHqDfcmerkin5hVEu/200.gif

The Rosco

Bench

In fact, he's more of a chance of winning a couple of wooden spoons with Parra. They have far, far superior recent wooden spoon form than WT. Far superior.
Although, he does owe you. Apparently.

Someone2

Juniors
Kalynn Ponga to the Dolphins?

Joseph Manu to re-sign with the Roosters?

F**k isn’t there another club these valchers can pick a part? Every eels player of contract getting huge offers .
it’s usually the premiers that get picked apart

it’s tough being the big dogs if you can’t beat us you try and buy all our players

Someone2

Juniors
Some good news hearing junior Paulo going To re-sign with eels shortly 200k less a year than he has been offered by rival clubs

mahoney and Gutho will also resign with the eels loyal players that bleed blue and gold

Colk

First Grade

davi

Juniors
Kalynn Ponga to the Dolphins?

Joseph Manu to re-sign with the Roosters?

If I was the Knights, and Dolphins offered 1.4 million per year for Kalyn Ponga I wouldn't match it. And Gus Gould sums it up that a million dollar player should win you 60% - 70% of your games. Ponga hasn't done that for the Knights and you could argue he hasn't earned his pay packet with his injuries. In my opinion Ponga needs to be producing what Tom Trbojevic did this year to be in the realms of his salary.

There is some debate if Ponga can trigger a release. Some sources have said the contract can only trigger a release if the Knights win a premiership which would certainly be remote next year. Ponga should stamp this talk out. Because every year this talk comes up about him leaving the Knights despite having a contract. It makes him look like a pampered athlete who has no loyalty to the Knights despite them giving him an upgrade on his deal.

It comes amid fresh speculation from News Corp’s own Phil Rothfield that the Dolphins could be willing to pay Ponga as much as $1.4 million-a-season to jump ship and move back to Queensland in 2023.

Colk

First Grade
If I was the Knights, and Dolphins offered 1.4 million per year for Kalyn Ponga I wouldn't match it. And Gus Gould sums it up that a million dollar player should win you 60% - 70% of your games. Ponga hasn't done that for the Knights and you could argue he hasn't earned his pay packet with his injuries. In my opinion Ponga needs to be producing what Tom Trbojevic did this year to be in the realms of his salary.

There is some debate if Ponga can trigger a release. Some sources have said the contract can only trigger a release if the Knights win a premiership which would certainly be remote next year. Ponga should stamp this talk out. Because every year this talk comes up about him leaving the Knights despite having a contract. It makes him look like a pampered athlete who has no loyalty to the Knights despite them giving him an upgrade on his deal.

It comes amid fresh speculation from News Corp’s own Phil Rothfield that the Dolphins could be willing to pay Ponga as much as $1.4 million-a-season to jump ship and move back to Queensland in 2023.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Never got the big media wank over Ponga. Good player but he ain’t no Billy Slater Tedesco or Tommy T. Ask yourself if he was at roosters would he do Tedesco style performances with half the team out. Highly doubt. Just a media darling who thinks he is better than he is. I was having a milk shake when asked if Browny was sacked really says it all.

Colk

First Grade
I don’t think he is worth anywhere near that but this is where the salary cap is a broken system. It is not really thinning talent for the whole competition which was the original criticism of the system, it is just really thinning talent for the bottom clubs (I would actually say the whole competition barring one or two)

The Dolphins are desperate so they offer him stupid money and they offer it to a player at a middling club. All the while players at the Roosters for less money then they can get elsewhere.

Whilst I admit that I absolutely loathe the Roosters the problem is a long standing one and many others have been favoured by it.

There’s to be a better system out there, where a cap being only applied on outside purchases, a player points system or even the dreaded draft. At this point in time, I’d prefer anything over what we currently have as there needs to be balance soon because we’re on the way to as a predictable competition as European soccer

Dogs Of War

Coach
I don’t think he is worth anywhere near that but this is where the salary cap is a broken system. It is not really thinning talent for the whole competition which was the original criticism of the system, it is just really thinning talent for the bottom clubs (I would actually say the whole competition barring one or two)

The Dolphins are desperate so they offer him stupid money and they offer it to a player at a middling club. All the while players at the Roosters for less money then they can get elsewhere.

Whilst I admit that I absolutely loathe the Roosters the problem is a long standing one and many others have been favoured by it.

There’s to be a better system out there, where a cap being only applied on outside purchases, a player points system or even the dreaded draft. At this point in time, I’d prefer anything over what we currently have as there needs to be balance soon because we’re on the way to as a predictable competition as European soccer

You only have to look at who wrote the article to know those figures are inflated to hell to generate click bait articles. Can't buzz just retire.

blaza88z

Coach

Melbourne signing from Xavier Coates from Brisbane (the minor premiers signing a rep player from the team placed 3rd last), is proof enough the salary cap is broken.

It's Brisbane so I get it, people probably think it's about time it happened to us but it doesn't change the fact.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Melbourne signing from Xavier Coates from Brisbane (the minor premiers signing a rep player from the team placed 3rd last), is proof enough the salary cap is broken.

It's Brisbane so I get it, people probably think it's about time it happened to us but it doesn't change the fact.
They lost a better winger in The Fox though?

Dogs Of War

Coach
I just struggle to see how anyone can suggest the salary cap is working as intended if the team at the top of the ladder can sign rep players from bottom 4 teams for a pie and a coke

Obviously, the Broncos haven't sold him on their future plans. So he backed himself to get more in a few years by trying to enter a program which will make him a more complete player.

It's no different for most of the bottom of the table clubs. You need to be able to sell that vision and put the pieces on the board that show it's happening.

jack coburn

Juniors

Think you'll find all the top teams don't have to pay over's for anyone.
Players on big money will drop a few 100k to stay at good club's. the player's on 300 - 500 k are the ones who usually don't. If your on 800k I don't think a mill will tempt you to a struggling club.
Walker just signed for supposedly 600k when he could of got upwards of 900. Mitchell signed for 800 when he was offered over a mill by the Tigers.
I think the Roosters, Souths and storm all have players like this. Unfortunately this will always be the way with successful teams.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I just struggle to see how anyone can suggest the salary cap is working as intended if the team at the top of the ladder can sign rep players from bottom 4 teams for a pie and a coke
Unfortunately for the Broncos, the only team with bigger TPAs than them is the Storm. Boo hoo.

Latest posts