What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Munky

Coach
RTS, Sualli, Manu and teddy are all fullbacks, they could easily each pick up a cool million at any club, roosters only need one, maybe two

Teddy and RTS are fullbacks.

Manu and Sua'ali'i want to be fullbacks. Both are terrific ball runners but there is more to the position than trying to make highlight reels (compare Edwards body of work at the position to Latrells). They might become gun fullbacks eventually but aren't there yet.

MugaB

Coach
Teddy and RTS are fullbacks.

Manu and Sua'ali'i want to be fullbacks. Both are terrific ball runners but there is more to the position than trying to make highlight reels (compare Edwards body of work at the position to Latrells). They might become gun fullbacks eventually but aren't there yet.
This very correct, but seeing them in action at the world cup, given a season fulltime, they would definitely improve the competition if they went to other clubs, id throw in stephen Crichton in with that lot too, just seems a waste to have so many talented potential FBs shared at only a few clubs

Reactions: 851
I don't, rts would have been held back, aswell as the club too, if he didnt pick up the warriors contract... you got teddy and won back2 back,

RTS should be applauded, yes he hails from NZ, but to go to a club that not many players rate in terms of success, and turn them into contenders most years is a massive boon in my books... RTS is what every player should be, we wouldn't need a draft if players went out of their way to go to the lower ranked clubs, instead of chasing premierships at the more successful ones... money isn't everything... if the right players end up a certian teams theyll attract others to come... only have look at souths with roy asatasi

Sorry but RTS had been groomed to be Anthony Minichiello's successor at fullback. He had the spot locked down. He was offered mega bucks by the Warriors which the Roosters could not match at the time as they had a few other players coming off contract. Had he not left the Roosters, it is incredibly unlikely the Roosters would have gone after Tedesco at all. RTS played in 1 NRL finals series after he left the Roosters, and that was (iirc) his first year at the Warriors.

One Warrior

Bench
Sorry but RTS had been groomed to be Anthony Minichiello's successor at fullback. He had the spot locked down. He was offered mega bucks by the Warriors which the Roosters could not match at the time as they had a few other players coming off contract. Had he not left the Roosters, it is incredibly unlikely the Roosters would have gone after Tedesco at all. RTS played in 1 NRL finals series after he left the Roosters, and that was (iirc) his first year at the Warriors.
RTS joined Warriors in 2016, only played 6 games that year, as he did his ACL in Round 7, we (Warriors) made the finals in 2018.

Das Hassler

Bench
Sadly it won't matter.
Until the Tigpies fix the Front Office, nothings going to change.

That all you've got?....no what do they stand for?...when will the board be answerable etc etc?
On subject though ..WTF are you actually saying beyond a tired regurgitation? Dogs and the Eels got one ir two spoons each the last few years and did something about it....as are WT right now....or haven't you noticed?

Bazal

Post Whore
That all you've got?....no what do they stand for?...when will the board be answerable etc etc?
On subject though ..WTF are you actually saying beyond a tired regurgitation? Dogs and the Eels got one ir two spoons each the last few years and did something about it....as are WT right now....or haven't you noticed?

Parra had a sweeping independent review that ripped out and rebuilt just about the entire foundations of the club, was fought at every turn by the factions who would have rather ripped the club apart than lose their sway (and losers like Andy Eagleston tried to do just that), and were ultimately forced through with a sledgehammer

Tigers have signed some players and a senile coach who was past it 15 years ago.

Wb1234

Referee
Parra had a sweeping independent review that ripped out and rebuilt just about the entire foundations of the club, was fought at every turn by the factions who would have rather ripped the club apart than lose their sway (and losers like Andy Eagleston tried to do just that), and were ultimately forced through with a sledgehammer

Tigers have signed some players and a senile coach who was past it 15 years ago.
Don’t gloat too much

mark O’Neill as your football manager is a dead set dope. Ex tigers too

Bazal

Post Whore
Don’t gloat too much

mark O’Neill as your football manager is a dead set dope. Ex tigers too

My dude we are lightyears ahead of where we were and MON has done a perfectly fine job so far.

I'll take it. But that wasn't the point anyway. The point was comparing the Tigers rearranging the front office deck chairs to what we had to go through just to make the too four consistently but get belted in a GF is hardly like for like

Wb1234

Referee
My dude we are lightyears ahead of where we were and MON has done a perfectly fine job so far.

I'll take it. But that wasn't the point anyway. The point was comparing the Tigers rearranging the front office deck chairs to what we had to go through just to make the too four consistently but get belted in a GF is hardly like for like
Letting both your halves contracts expire at the same time is pure genius (plus the loss of Mahoney and players like matterson only staying by getting overs)

the fact Moses hasn’t already accepted the one million on offer says a whole lot and the problem isn’t brad Arthur that’s for sure

Chimp

Bench
Bateman will be shit this time around, a very expensive shit at that too…. He’s been a mix of injured and rank average in his time back in Super League - and given the standard in super league is at an all time low, he should have been carving it up.
He had a novelty factor and was an unexpected point of difference fist time around, my prediction is he’ll be ‘meh’ at absolute best this time.

Wb1234

Referee
Bateman will be shit this time around, a very expensive shit at that too…. He’s been a mix of injured and rank average in his time back in Super League - and given the standard in super league is at an all time low, he should have been carving it up.
He had a novelty factor and was an unexpected point of difference fist time around, my prediction is he’ll be ‘meh’ at absolute best this time.
You can’t use super league form as a basis for their nrl form

there’s been basically minimal link between the two

very average super league players have developed into very good nrl players

Saxon

Bench
WTF are the Tigpies giving us but a tired regurgitation?
I'm glad you brought up Parra and Canterbury, you make my point for me. It's not just getting some quality players. Both have made sweeping changes across the board and the football departments. What have the Tigers done?

Brought in an overcooked hack as coaching director and - when that didn't work - made him coach!
Lets look at Timmy;
- made the finals 12 times in 28 seasons. 8 of those were in 9 seasons with Canberra who had an essentially unlimited football budget. So outside of that he's made the finals 4 times in 19 seasons!
- brought perennial SL cellar dwellers Hull KR from the lower division back into Super League...and then got sacked within 18 months for poor performance in the top grade.
- made the finals 4 times in 10 years at Wests!
- won a Grand Final at Wests (largely due to Brett Hodgson and Prince/Marshall brilliance), then didn't make the finals for 5 years.
- became coaching director at Salford, sacked 4 key players and was gone within the year.
- "Lost the dressing room" at Cowboys, Salford and HKR.
- Didn't get rid of Brookes when he had the chance.

Outside of Canberra his coaching record is pretty poor, and his coaching director periods ineffectual at best. If he's the best their front office can come up with then I think they are in for a very disappointing 2023.

Anyway, it's just a thought...

The Rosco

Bench
f**k !!! I wish you would have told the monkeys in WT front office last week what you know.
They probably wouldn't have bought him after hearing from you.
And the worst is that you say he'll be an expensive shit.
Do you reckon we can get out of the contract, using your knowledge as the reason ?
It could be all legal and judge like . . . ." Your honour, we regretfully withdraw our offer now that we have heard what Chimp thinks"
I'm emailing Pascoe as we type. Fingers crossed.
I hate novelties.

f**k !!! I wish you would have told the monkeys in WT front office last week what you know.
They probably wouldn't have bought him after hearing from you.
And the worst is that you say he'll be an expensive shit.
Do you reckon we can get out of the contract, using your knowledge as the reason ?
It could be all legal and judge like . . . ." Your honour, we regretfully withdraw our offer now that we have heard what Chimp thinks"
I'm emailing Pascoe as we type. Fingers crossed.
I hate novelties.

Latest posts