What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

bfoord

Juniors
unbreaK;11276521;40841 said:
He may sign for $250k at Brisbane, but trust me, he'll be earning a lot more overall, we've got some great indigenous ambassador roles at Brisbane, we're still putting Jharal Yow Yeh to work.

Plus I'm guessing it's only $250k for the first year, despite what's being reported, he'll get an upgrade in year 2 & 3 once we stop paying Barba and shed a couple of off-contract players.

Maybe he is prepared to take a short term sacrafice in money to work with quality coaches at quality teams ... With the thinking it will get him into the origin arena and bigger contracts in the future

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
unbreaK;11276521;40841 said:
He may sign for $250k at Brisbane, but trust me, he'll be earning a lot more overall, we've got some great indigenous ambassador roles at Brisbane, we're still putting Jharal Yow Yeh to work.

Plus I'm guessing it's only $250k for the first year, despite what's being reported, he'll get an upgrade in year 2 & 3 once we stop paying Barba and shed a couple of off-contract players.

So like Souths the Broncos have created a scam charity organization to funnel player payments through and act as a vehicle to minimize tax.

Kiwi

First Grade
Cockadoodledoo;11276720;9792 said:
So like Souths the Broncos have created a scam charity organization to funnel player payments through and act as a vehicle to minimize tax.

Not everyone can be as blatant about it like the Roosters and get away with it.

nrlnrl

First Grade
ram raid;11276883;43620 said:
Peter Wallace to Leeds Rhinos.

After an article in today's Australian, Phil Gould responded with this these tweets :

Phil Gould AM ‏@Gus10Gould 7h7 hours ago
PANTHER FANS Media report suggesting Peter Wallace leaving for UK prior to commencement of 2016 season are totally incorrect & without basis

Phil Gould AM ‏@Gus10Gould 7h7 hours ago
Phil Gould AM Retweeted Nathan Taylor
The Aust newspaper journalist called me yesterday and I informed him the story was incorrect. He wrote it anyway

unbreaK

Juniors
West Tigers are about to sign Tim Grant on a 3 year deal, according to Massoud on 7 news.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He also said that souths deal is now the most lucrative out of saints, Broncos and them for james Roberts, which makes the salary cap completely laughable.

Rabbits20

Immortal
unbreaK;11277088;40841 said:
West Tigers are about to sign Tim Grant on a 3 year deal, according to Massoud on 7 news.

I didn't know that.

Thanks for that mate.

If Grant goes that'll clear space for Roberts.

Who knows what'll happen?

I say it's 50/50 still.

unbreaK

Juniors
Rabbits20;11277135;44018 said:
I didn't know that.

Thanks for that mate.

If Grant goes that'll clear space for Roberts.

Who knows what'll happen?

I say it's 50/50 still.

From what I hear, it looks like the Broncos have already signed Roberts. But there's a 10 day cooling off period where Roberts is allowed time to change his mind. All that's left to decide is whether he wants to stick with his word, or backflip to Souths (Who appear to be clearing some cap space to up their offer substantially)

DiegoNT

First Grade
ram raid;11277150;43620 said:
Grant swap for Roberts? Gonna leave Souths a bit light in the forwards.

Grants a front rower. To cover front row souths have the burgess twins, tyrell, grevsmuhl (now that burgess is back at lock and is an 80 minute player) clark can also fill in their off the bench. Another option if their is injuries is to have someone like Carter at lock and push sam into prop.
Compare that to the centres were souths only have one first grade centre (auva'a) who is solid at best and you'll see why souths are desperate for Roberts

zmt

Juniors
DiegoNT;11277192;44680 said:
Grants a front rower. To cover front row souths have the burgess twins, tyrell, grevsmuhl (now that burgess is back at lock and is an 80 minute player) clark can also fill in their off the bench. Another option if their is injuries is to have someone like Carter at lock and push sam into prop.
Compare that to the centres were souths only have one first grade centre (auva'a) who is solid at best and you'll see why souths are desperate for Roberts

But when you dont get him you'll claim you didnt need him right?

DiegoNT

First Grade
zmt;11277221;44883 said:

Nope. I'll think if you look at my post history you'll find many occasions were I've said goodwin is a huge weakness at centre, having Goodwin at centre will be hugely costly, and pretty much every time a centre has come off contract I've suggested souths needs him. When hiku was available i suggested souths need him, same with lafai, definitely won't say no to roberts and even when their were rumours off idris amd hurrell seeking new clubs i hoped souths were in the chase. Roberts is needed at Souths, I have no confidence with goodwin as starting centre, and if we fail in getting roberts i hope the club looks into hurrell and see if the rumours of unrest at the Warriors is true

Exsilium

First Grade
unbreaK;11277176;40841 said:
From what I hear, it looks like the Broncos have already signed Roberts. But there's a 10 day cooling off period where Roberts is allowed time to change his mind. All that's left to decide is whether he wants to stick with his word, or backflip to Souths (Who appear to be clearing some cap space to up their offer substantially)

I heard similar. A solid source in the inner sanctum of the dragons that also frequents these forums conceded about a week before it hit the press, when asked about the chances Roberts would sign with the dragons that tthe dragons were out of the race and that Roberts was buckleys chance to go to Souths. The same source mentioned Sunday afternoon that the Broncos had a handshake agreement and that's about to drop.

Take what you will. The source is reliable.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
ram raid;11277150;43620 said:
Grant swap for Roberts? Gonna leave Souths a bit light in the forwards.

Nope we are good.

8. G. Burgess
9. D. Cook
10. D. Tyrrell
11. K. Turner
12. J. Sutton
13. S. Burgess

14. C. McIness
15. J. Clark
16. C. Grevsmuhl
17. T. Burgess

18. P. Carter
19. N. Brown

Then we have got very good young talent in:

Zane Musgrove
Angus Crichton (really big wraps on him)
Brock Gray
Cheyne Whitelaw
Jack Gosiewski

Souths will be fine.

Rabbits20

Immortal
zmt;11277221;44883 said:

My mind won't change if we don't get him.

Souths need Roberts more than Brisbane do.

Exsilium

First Grade
Rabbits20;11277272;44018 said:
Nope we are good.

8. G. Burgess
9. D. Cook
10. D. Tyrrell
11. K. Turner
12. J. Sutton
13. S. Burgess

14. C. McIness
15. J. Clark
16. C. Grevsmuhl
17. T. Burgess

18. P. Carter
19. N. Brown

Then we have got very good young talent in:

Zane Musgrove
Angus Crichton (really big wraps on him)
Brock Gray
Cheyne Whitelaw
Jack Gosiewski

Souths will be fine.

Sam Burgess and Grevsmuhl would have to be the only two players in that pack that opposition teams would actually watch tapes on. I don't want to be "that guy" but that pack is barely tickling the underside of the 8.

Latest posts