What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

nick87

Coach
:lol: Rhyno is probably still trying to convince people Josh Hodgson is coming to Parra in 2017 too! :lol:

That Papalii rumour is flat out made up by the poster, i would bet my mortgage on that.

some11

Referee
super_coach;11500338;7834 said:
The old Bronks salary cap...Inglis and Papali rumoured for 2017.....no wonder people are walking away from the NRL in droves

Where are they walking to? or is that a rumour too.

unbreaK

Juniors
Junior Paulo to be released early to the Canberra Raiders, who in turn will release Brenko Lee to the Brisbane Broncos to free up cap room.

Bench
unbreaK;11502791;40841 said:
Junior Paulo to be released early to the Canberra Raiders, who in turn will release Brenko Lee to the Brisbane Broncos to free up cap room.

Because Brisbane will have plenty of wiggle room in their cap.:shock:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
unbreaK;11502791;40841 said:

We are too short on outside backs but id be up for it if we had cover.

unbreaK

Juniors
851;11502862;5460 said:
Because Brisbane will have plenty of wiggle room in their cap.:shock:

He will be signed for 2016 under the 2nd-tier salary cap, replacing Caleb Timu, who was released a couple of weeks ago.

Pete Cash;11502899;14331 said:
We are too short on outside backs but id be up for it if we had cover.

From what I've been told, it's a very likely chance of happening.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I dont know why you would be that keen on lee but regardless paulo isnt on a lot of money this year which is why even though its the most obvious solution for the eels its one they wont take unless its really necessary. The raiders are going to have a lot of cap freed up with waqa going. He was the first "name" stuart could attract after half the comp rejected him. His contract would cover whatever amount paulo is on this year

I have some doubts the eels will release paulo for this year anyway because of his relatively low contract value.

Also brenko wants to leave for first grade. He is much more likely to go to the knights ? Im sure you heard something but it doesnt make a lot of sense

Last edited:

unbreaK

Juniors
Pete Cash;11504182;14331 said:
I dont know why you would be that keen on lee but regardless paulo isnt on a lot of money this year which is why even though its the most obvious solution for the eels its one they wont take unless its really necessary. The raiders are going to have a lot of cap freed up with waqa going. He was the first "name" stuart could attract after half the comp rejected him. His contract would cover whatever amount paulo is on this year

I have some doubts the eels will release paulo for this year anyway because of his relatively low contract value.

Also brenko wants to leave for first grade. He is much more likely to go to the knights ? Im sure you heard something but it doesnt make a lot of sense

Brenko is from Brisbane and has been home sick for years, he nearly signed with the Broncos before his current contract, but Edrick talked him in to staying with the Raiders.

He's got a decent chance of cracking first grade in Brisbane next season, with Reed & Glenn both prime candidates to be moved along, and Oates potentially moving in to the back row. Paulo may not be on a lot of money at Parramatta, but their aim is to move on players who aren't in their long term plans, which is why Watmough, Paulo & Morgan are the 3 players they're looking at.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Im sure bennett might be able to get something out of brenko he just doesnt strike me as a brisbane type of player.

He has talent but i got to question the other aspects of his game. Like i said if we werent completely devoid of outside backs id be over the moon if brisbane took brenko to clear room for Paulo but we are a couple of injuriea away from playing a garbage bag stuffed with grass at centre. BJ is a ticking time bomb with the judiciary too.

Still brenko for paulo is a great deal lol

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
kia ora storm;11504691;8078 said:
Josh Addo-Carr to Storm..

Made his debut against Melbourne recently . . . maybe it's not a good idea to let like minded players mingle after the game

nrlnrl

First Grade
MacDougall;11505288;21776 said:
Was supposed to get officially announced yesterday.

Also hearing Koro back to Tigers...

I think Mole mentioned that last week about Koroibete as an option to stay in NRL (if he knocks back Melbourne Rebels )

Bench
MacDougall;11505288;21776 said:
Was supposed to get officially announced yesterday.

Also hearing Koro back to Tigers...

That would be typical weststigers style, let Koro go, get a cheap replacement, let him go for even less than Koro wanted, and then buy Koro back at double the price what you could have had him before.:crazy:

Usain Bolt

Bench
Koro back to union, Addo-Carr to replace him. NAS maybe heading back to union as well, would be a big loss for the Storm