What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
i'm sure a straight swap for eden for semi would be legit for the donkeys. A new suburb may magically appear back in fiji though

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
The most troubeling rumour from a manly point of view is that Fulton is trying to make one of his sons assistant coach
It sure is concerning. My understanding is that one of them is the talent scout for country areas which is why we won't look at bringing back Cleal.

Apparently we have the 5/8 from Burleigh, Cullen. Sounds like he dominated the QCup final. Will be interesting to see how he performs. Seems a waste to buy Green as well.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Dylan Napa poised to take a $250K a year offer from the Bronco's. The Roosters are prepared to offer double but apparently he has become extremely homesick since talking to the Bronco's. Independent sponsors with no affiliation with the Bronco's are prepared to chip in an extra $500K a season.

no name

Coach
It sure is concerning. My understanding is that one of them is the talent scout for country areas which is why we won't look at bringing back Cleal.

Apparently we have the 5/8 from Burleigh, Cullen. Sounds like he dominated the QCup final. Will be interesting to see how he performs. Seems a waste to buy Green as well.
I wouldn't say he 'dominated' but he was a well deserved winner of man of the match.
It's a very odd signing, he'd make a good hooker/half/floating forward off the bench, but seeing as Manly has signed Green and have Parcell and Api K, I'm not sure where they all fit in.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I wouldn't say he 'dominated' but he was a well deserved winner of man of the match.
It's a very odd signing, he'd make a good hooker/half/floating forward off the bench, but seeing as Manly has signed Green and have Parcell and Api K, I'm not sure where they all fit in.

Floating forward???

He's 179cm and 80kg!

Will be a good depth signing and will be first in line for a start if/when DCE or Green are injured.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Dylan Napa poised to take a $250K a year offer from the Bronco's. The Roosters are prepared to offer double but apparently he has become extremely homesick since talking to the Bronco's. Independent sponsors with no affiliation with the Bronco's are prepared to chip in an extra $500K a season.
Amazingly there is already a cure for this homesickness. Players in the past who have sufferers from this homesickness like Marty Kennedy, Ben Hannant and Ben Barba suddenly find a cure to their homesickness when they hit poor form and are dropped from the broncos 1st team.

no name

Coach
Floating forward???

He's 179cm and 80kg!

Will be a good depth signing and will be first in line for a start if/when DCE or Green are injured.
Yeah, a floating forward, like DCE/Cronk/Morgan role off the bench in origin.
No real position, just an extra play maker.
He's a real J Reynolds energy type player and this sort of role would suit him against tiring forwards late in halves.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Amazingly there is already a cure for this homesickness. Players in the past who have sufferers from this homesickness like Marty Kennedy, Ben Hannant and Ben Barba suddenly find a cure to their homesickness when they hit poor form and are dropped from the broncos 1st team.

So true lol... Bronco's are also chasing Ryan James, will be a bit of a stretch for him to claim homesickness but we are talking the Bronco's here so anything is possible.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
I did say there was smoke with this one a few pages back...

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors

Cullen I think is one of those Luke Capewell players, too good for state league, not good enough for NRL. He's been in and out of both the Broncos and Titans systems for a few years now.

JAMES_FOO

Juniors
Napa has a huge future, he's better off at the Broncos. Too much garbage at the roosters at the moment.
Good to see someone not just following the money.

POPEYE

Coach
Best cure for homesickness is breathing in and out of a brown paper bag . . . thank f**k Cam, Billy and Cooper aren't showing signs of it

Maroon4life

Juniors

Great news. Broncos have spare money and need some bigger forwards.

Whats Doing

Bench
For the life of me it is a joke that there is not a cap on the amount that can be applied to TPA for a player of say 20%. if a player is prepared to sign for $600,000 per season, then no more than $100,000 can be sourced from TPA with $500,000 needing to be applied against the club's cap.

At the moment players can have the majority of their contracts through TPA allowing less amounts to be applied against clubs salary cap and creating an extremely unlevel playing field across the clubs.

The rort needs to stop now