What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noname36

First Grade
Not gonna lie I think we already have the best Sims brother as it, but still I'd rather have Tariq than not have him.

Yes we need props, but we also need a new backrower or two so we need to jump when they're available. I'd personally prefer someone like Te'o but that's Buckley's chance of happening and Tariq is the next best option IMO.

It's slim pickings in the prop department at the moment so if we can't get much in terms of quality there at the moment I'd like us to at least address the backrow rather than get nothing. Watching Tariq lately he screams of a bloke that needs a change in scenery to me. I still think he'll end up in Sydney but wherever he ends up I think he'll be better for the change.

Frederick

Staff member
Tariq has lost what made him a game breaker, and is little more than a thug now

RHCP

Bench
Korbin is the best brother, but I wouldn't be against taking Tariq, even if he is woefully out of form.

aqua_duck

Coach
We could make a play for Korbin Sims' front row partner from our Toyota Cup and NSW Cup sides a couple of years ago, Sam Anderson. He's a local junior, was player of the year in Toyota Cup with the Knights and was last years NSW Cup Player of the Year at Penrith. Plays big minutes, makes very few mistakes and has played a couple of FG games but is behind a pretty solid front row rotation at the panthers. He is unsigned for 2015 and still has plenty of mates in the Hunter and is well thought of by Rick Stone. Wouldn't take much arm twisting to return home I reckon...and he's never been in trouble with the law!

I'd prefer Mitch Garbutt to be honest. Anderson just doesn't have the size we need plus James Taylor is a very similar player who's probably a better prospect

Johns Magic

Referee
Agreed that Korbin will be the best but at the moment Tariq would be our second backrower picked behind Beau.

Play him at lock. I don't mind a "thug" there who is willing to cart the ball up all day as he does and make his tackles count. Mind you he seems to be getting a lot of attention on the open market based on his past potential so he might be overpriced.

I am interested to see how Korbin would go in the second row.

rnb11

Juniors
still sticking by us signing an exciting forward this year. more on the way next year. alot of crap going on behind the scenes which is making things extremely tough but bennett with expected to stay on he's certainly going to be bringing in reinforcements. tough times now but we will turn it around.

still sticking by us signing an exciting forward this year. more on the way next year. alot of crap going on behind the scenes which is making things extremely tough but bennett with expected to stay on he's certainly going to be bringing in reinforcements. tough times now but we will turn it around.

Sounds good. Now what exciting forwards are there that could possibly sign this year?

Nuffy

Bench

What's the crap going on behind the scenes? Ownership issues?

Noname36

First Grade

Thanks for the insight mate. The "crap going on behind the scenes" sounds worrying but not unexpected either. Good to hear you don't think we've given up on recruitment.

The mole keeps saying that Penrith really are trying to offload McKendry. We should jump at that IMO. He'd have a lot to prove.

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
^Said he doesn't want to leave Sydney, already turned us down.

Putting my money on Tariq Sims.

Noname36

First Grade
Ah. The Sydney curse strikes again. At least we're trying I suppose. Put out enough traps and you'll catch a mouse eventually.

McKendry may not get a choice. Stranger things have happened. Kasiano, mcKendry and Sims would be a pretty decent recruitment effort.

JENKO7

Juniors
Will wests keep Bennett if they take over from Tinkler? A lot of uncertainty regarding who will even run and coach the club, would be hard to sign up to a club like that

It is down to us and the Titans according to the Mole. Maybe this has been the target all along that rnb11 has spoken of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.