What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
When Sharks signed Moylan it was for 5/8
When signed Dugan was for centre.
Both paid for what positions worth.

If Bevan was viewed as a Fullback that means Hayne was viewed as a wing position and Guth a centre. Yet all 3 plus Norman and W.Smith played there.

I reckon BA didn't know where to play who where and just guessed.
If Bevans here next season and MJ id have Hayne on wing with MJ and Guth in centres. Bevan at fullback and Fergo on ohter wing.
If Haynes fullback then Bevan goes to nsw cup.
When we wigned gutho he played wing .... when we signed hayne he played centre and wing

Shit changes

strider

Post Whore
Apparently gurr isn’t the easiest bloke to get along with.

The club has actually backflipped and looking at keeping Norman but offloading Moses.

Typical eels shit
You'd rather keep Moses?

I reckon BA isn't attached to either of em and will offload which ever we can. Both if possible. But seems no one wanted Norman so you then go with the other.

I also reckon no one has told them to f**k off. I think its more we have told em we wont commit to them past next year - but these days every merkin wants a new contract a year in advance so teams tend to let players leave a year early if not desperate to keep em

hindy111

Post Whore
When we wigned gutho he played wing .... when we signed hayne he played centre and wing

Shit changes

Yes things change. But if BA wants Bevan in team its fullback, Id give him first crack.
Id like to see this

1 Bevan
2 Hayne
3 Jennings
4 Gutherson
5 Ferguson

If Bevan isn't cutting it then move Hayne to back and premote someone.
We have enough to chose from

Yung Jennings,Sivo,Dunster,GL,Parry. I am sure one will take chance.

What do we do with Taka?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No one is a winner if they happen to be playing in average to shit teams. Sometimes great players continually end up playing for teams just can't seem to win enough games.
You're right, but this isn't just a handful of seasons. This is his entire career, and he's done nothing. After nine seasons it looks less like coincidence.
Look at Brett Kenny, once all the other star players retired, he was still a champion, and in a quality team he would of still been a champion, be it that he was a metre or so slower, but in those useless Parra teams, if that was all you had to go by, you could say that he wasn't a winner.
But the point is it wasn't all you had to go by. Just like Taupau, you have to look at Kenny's career as a whole, and his win rate was nearly 57% with four premierships! Taupau's career win rate is under 42% and he's never won a finals match. Kenny had only 4 losing seasons in 14 years while Taupau's only winning season in 9 years was 2017.
Unfortunately for him, Taupau has just played for low quality teams. His efforts can hardly ever be seen as the reason for his teams not making the play offs FFS.
Yeah it's unfortunate, and might only be coincidence, but the fact remains he is unproven as a winner. There are a couple of explanations for why he's only ever been at shit teams, besides coincidence. He could be a negative influence or he just might only sign for clubs willing to pay huge overs, which are generally the most desperate ones.

If he had a winning record, like Kenny, there would be no need to speculate.

strider

Post Whore
Yes things change. But if BA wants Bevan in team its fullback, Id give him first crack.
Id like to see this

1 Bevan
2 Hayne
3 Jennings
4 Gutherson
5 Ferguson

What do we do with Taka?
If hayne is re-signed and has a good off season then he is most likely fullback

Bevo had some chances .... i think his time is done here

emjaycee

Coach
But the point is it wasn't all you had to go by. Just like Taupau, you have to look at Kenny's career as a whole, and his win rate was nearly 57% with four premierships! Taupau's career win rate is under 42% and he's never won a finals match. Kenny had only 4 losing seasons in 14 years while Taupau's only winning season in 9 years was 2017

So he could sign a 5 year contract with us and beat Kenny's record.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah sure mate. I take your above statement as seriously as your above statement on Taupau.

Also how could you rate him then, since he was skinny? Did your eyes somehow confuse your brain and convince you that size doesn't matter in the NRL ffs.
It's why I thought he would never make it as a winger, but spine players have so much else they need to do that size is far less of a concern (plus they need to do a lot of work off the ball, which suits a smaller player).

But I agree, a small fullback (like Slater, Coote or Dufty) needs to play in a strong team or he is a liability. If your team is shit you may as well have someone like Hayne or Dugan at the back.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Apparently gurr isn’t the easiest bloke to get along with.

The club has actually backflipped and looking at keeping Norman but offloading Moses.

Typical eels shit
Moses was better than Norman last year but this year he fell to shit. Norman is at least consistent on the field.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Id like to see this

1 Bevan
2 Hayne
3 Jennings
4 Gutherson
5 Ferguson

What do we do with Taka?
Takairangi's best position has always been edge forward. He just lacks the work rate for 80 reliable minutes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was hammered on here during the season for saying Norman had been the better of the 2 and he is the one we should keep. I will be very glad if Moses departs.
Who 'hammered' you, you f**king idiot? The stats don't lie. Moses at his best is better than Norman but this year was probably Moses' worst. He was dreadful. You have to wonder what went wrong.