Rumours and Stuff

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Gronk, Jun 21, 2016.

1. lingard

lingard First Grade

Very good point. If you want to 'get ahead' there's only one place to go - up to the middle class. You can't improve your lot and retain your lower class values (you actually can, but the perception is that you can't). All media advertising would have us believe that middle and upper class is the only place to lead a satisfying and constructive life.

2. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

So Paul Kent was wrong ?

Gee who'd have thought

El Diablo and Gary Gutful like this.
  3. phantom eel

phantom eel First Grade

A very good question Lingard, and one philosphers have been debating over the ages. I don't pretend my answer to that will serve as a universal one.

Suffice to day that internet forums can be "more real life" to some (anonymous) people than to others. For some, it can be a mere distraction from "real life", a way to wile away time, and not to be taken seriously at all. For others, it can seem like a way for them to safely get all upset about other (anonymous) people, I don't know...

4. phantom eel

phantom eel First Grade

Nice edit to your post after I had replied...

Your addition was wrong on both counts - I'm not the one getting upset about what I post, but sure, keep on posting about me all the same!

5. ash411

ash411 Bench

I'm sure a guy with his level of journalistic integrity is planning an apology/retraction segment for his very next show as well.

6. Glenneel

Glenneel Juniors

What the NRL are doing very poorly is not being McDonalds. That is engaging the kids at a young age. They don't need to play league but need to view it. Give away hundreds, even thousands, of tickets to schools. Kids go home wanting to go and parents follow. Their ticket prices cover the tickets given away. Give the game some atmosphere, games, etc for the kids and parents enjoy the kids enjoying the entertainment. Another bugbear, overpriced junk food and drinks.
    Its simples really, get them young and they'll grow up watching and even playing league and getting their children to watch it.

7. Avenger

Avenger Referee

Very good move. A post about a relevant topic is always a little more refreshing to read than the pissing contest between Bart and Suity.

IFR33K and phantom eel like this.
  8. Incorrect

Incorrect First Grade

I can hear Kent now if he's asked to respond to the NRL's tweet

"Look Ben, the NRL won't admit it but take it as fact - there are 11 teams over the cap for 2018.....

And those 8 teams are going to have to shed some players in order to get under the cap.....

Of the 5 of the teams I'm talking about that are over the cap, they will be given a deadline of some time in to the 2018 NRL season to get compliant....

I stand by my sources and info - there are 2 teams over the cap for 2018..."

Kent will play it like just like the old joke about the jewish kid asking his Dad for money....

"A Jewish boy walks up to his father and says "Papa, I need fifty dollars." The father says "forty dollars?! I don't have thirty dollars! What do you need twenty dollars for? Here's ten dollars." He hands the boy a five and says "split it with your brothers...and bring back the change."

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  9. Glenneel

Glenneel Juniors

Unless the NRL fold to the 11 clubs, then the 5 good clubs get screwed again by the 11 that probably cheat the most (was 12 but Parra found out).

10. phantom eel

phantom eel First Grade

The NRL can't afford to fold, both financially in allowing these clubs a cost/cap blowout, or in reputation through being seen not doing anything about cheating clubs.

11. phantom eel

phantom eel First Grade

Or the posts other people feel they need to make about it....

12. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

All true. He will dig deep and insist that *someone* from the NRL told him.

13. Tommy Coco

Tommy Coco Juniors

14. amitropo

amitropo Juniors

Maybe with all these extra players needing to be moved on now would be a time to introduce a new team for n Perth or second Brisbane team
    Or maybe welcome back Norths?

15. Stagger eel

Stagger eel Moderator Staff Member

100% not coming to Parra.

broncos won't be letting him go.

16. Incorrect

Incorrect First Grade

If we're looking at any outside backs of Serbian extraction I'd prefer Cotric instead of Opacic....

Avenger likes this.
  17. Avenger

Avenger Referee

Are you sure? He is of Serbian descent. We need him, we also need the Trbojevic bothers, Cotric to replace Semi and John Bilbija to sponsor us. Also Lou Zivanovic should do the concreting for the new stadium.

18. Gronk

Parramatta has offered in-form forward Nathan Brown an upgrade and extension on his contract on the back of a stellar 2017 campaign.

Fox Sports’ chief NRL reporter James Hooper told NRL Tonight the Eels will upgrade Brown’s contract for 2018, and offer an extension on top of that.

“The Eels have opened talks with Brown about upgrading and also extending his contract,” Hooper said.

“At the start of the year not too many people were talking about him as a player who would have so much impact on the competition.

“Plays above his weight, has deft skill with the ball, and he’s as tough as plenty of players who weigh far more on the scales”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/me...d/news-story/3a7a293947287e3268680ddb437c1005

19. Gronk

Dodgy AF

20. Avenger

Avenger Referee

Is he?