What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

If anyone has a twitter account, ask him if the NRL Exec's and leadership and referees will be subject to disclosure of their bank and phone records in the same fashion they are proposing the integrity unit to have same access to that of the players? Officials are surely as susceptible to corruption as players.

Yeh, but they're income isn't part of a salary cap.

Bazal

Post Whore
So western force received the tap on the shoulder that they are out. Today Twiggy Whathisname met with the ARU and put $50m on the table as an inducement to keep the Perth team in the comp.

Nice to have a sugar daddy like that in your corner !

It's not an ARU decision.

Well, I mean, cutting the Force is, but cutting a team isn't. That's come from SANZAR and while the ARU are represented they are a minority vote. He can put as much cash as he likes but if they didn't cut the Rebels in the first place they aren't going to change their minds now, despite the Rebels being the best option. The Brumbies are the only team that makes any money, in the only town where rugby is still nummber one, and the Tahs and Reds are the two biggest sides. When they're playing well, anyway.

The ARU have the same obsession with having a team in Melbourne at all costs as the NRL do.

Bazal

Post Whore
Christ...watching Kent and Crawley on NRL 360, and thinking that these two are considered pre-eminent NRL journalists by many people, just makes me want to go on an Archer style rampage

tumblr_mgc349nrq01r4pwt8o1_r2_500.gif

It's not an ARU decision.

Well, I mean, cutting the Force is, but cutting a team isn't. That's come from SANZAR and while the ARU are represented they are a minority vote. He can put as much cash as he likes but if they didn't cut the Rebels in the first place they aren't going to change their minds now, despite the Rebels being the best option. The Brumbies are the only team that makes any money, in the only town where rugby is still nummber one, and the Tahs and Reds are the two biggest sides. When they're playing well, anyway.

The ARU have the same obsession with having a team in Melbourne at all costs as the NRL do.

Yes, but the ARU reps on SANZAAR voted in support of extending the comp to include the Sunwolves and Jaguars, and basically made the reduction in the number of Aus teams inevitable.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yes, but the ARU reps on SANZAAR voted in support of extending the comp to include the Sunwolves and Jaguars, and basically made the reduction in the number of Aus teams inevitable.

Well yeah, but also the ARU not making any money also made the reduction inevitable. There were a lot of factors.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Talented player Grevshmuhl
But has to be a f**kwit, given his history of getting sacked.

And this isn't the same as guys like Ma'u and Matagi getting in trouble with the law in their teens. Gang behaviour is about misplaced loyalty, not about being a dickhead with a shit attitude (though these merkins are often attracted to gangs as well). Grevsmuhl has had too many chances.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

And this isn't the same as guys like Ma'u and Matagi getting in trouble with the law in their teens. Gang behaviour is about misplaced loyalty, not about being a dickhead with a shit attitude (though these merkins are often attracted to gangs as well). Grevsmuhl has had too many chances.
If the rumours are true of his latest sacking he won't ever get another gig in the NRL.

Bazal

Post Whore

I am of the opinion that Brad Arthur will instil the appropriate character and discipline within this young man and, in doing so, mould him into a productive member of not just a football team, but wider society as well

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I am of the opinion that Brad Arthur will instil the appropriate character and discipline within this young man and, in doing so, mould him into a productive member of not just a football team, but wider society as well
It would be nice, because as hindyeleven said, Grevsmuhl is very talented. Like a poor man's Taumalolo.

I think I know what you're getting at but I can't be sure....

Incorrect

Coach
Yeh, but they're income isn't part of a salary cap.
Isn't it all to do with the "integrity" of the game and preventing match fixing, not the salary cap per se? Isn't that why they want access to phone records and bank statements? If so, I don't see why match officials and NRL execs should not comply with the same.

What's to be gained to enforce the salary cap by accessing a players phone records? It'd be managers doing the dodgy shit...

hindy111

Post Whore

The Duke creamed when got this guy. Hair turned white overnight. Dont think he lasted half the season and was signed haflway thru a season.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm saying that I think Brad Arthur has the ability, despite all appearances that this particular player is a lost cause, to set him back on the correct path and ensure that he has a long and productive career.

Agree. He gets respect. And so many including me wanted JT.