What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Pazza

First Grade
Yeah but Oregon Kaufusi is a 19 year old with about five games experience. He's bigger than Flegler as well.

Stefano Utoikamanu is an 18 year old they allegedly wanted to get into FG last year, and he's bigger again.

No knock on our boys mate, i love Oregon. He looks like a great prospect.

The article mentioned we are still in the market for a prop. I was just giving a suggestion, G Burgess would be a massive waste of money IMO.

Bazal

Post Whore
No knock on our boys mate, i love Oregon. He looks like a great prospect.

The article mentioned we are still in the market for a prop. I was just giving a suggestion, G Burgess would be a massive waste of money IMO.

I'm not fussed on Burgess but he does offer something different.

I'm more saying that Flegler kind of fits a role we already have, and if we do sign another prop I think a guy like Burgess (not necessarily him, but that style, could be a TPJ too for eg) fits the balance better.

Bazal

Post Whore
all i see is an over priced pillow, its been a long time since George Burgess has been a dominate force in the league.

He does still average 10m a run easily, and he has a good offload, although he hasn't used it much this year. The bloke is a very good attacking runner of the ball.

He's just got hands like feet and can be lazy in defence. Like I said, I'm not fussed an he probs wouldn't be my choice, but I do think we could get good footy out of him if we did sign him.

IFR33K

Coach
Well he's been picked in first grade every week he's been available this season...

No shit. How many games he been picked at centre? And in the games he’s been picked, there’s been a few out injured who no doubt will be picked before him. Haven’t seen anything to suggest he’ll make a decent centre let alone a good one.

Bazal

Post Whore
No shit. How many games he been picked at centre? And in the games he’s been picked, there’s been a few out injured who no doubt will be picked before him. Haven’t seen anything to suggest he’ll make a decent centre let alone a good one.

Who mentioned centre? Certainly not me, or you.

Has salmon done anything to suggest he’s guaranteed a first grade spot?

Based on his selection every round so far, he is a big part of our plans in first grade. That's all you asked.

I've already said I'd make Jennings an offer so any goalpost shifting is meaningless to me. Salmon will be at centre or at 14 or at 6 if Brown isn't.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Has salmon done anything to suggest he’s guaranteed a first grade spot?
Well he's only 20 this year, meaning we should expect him to be a better player next year. He's already one of our most physical players, as far as a combination of speed, strength and endurance, and most importantly he is already contracted for 2020.