What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Define Punk. Go ahead, make my day. To my mind it's evolved. Not necessarily drums and 2 guitars anymore. I wouldn't know myself tbh. If it sounds punky to me, I'll call it punk.
Call it what you like mate. The majority won't call it punk. That said labelling music isn't always helpful.

Call it what you like mate. The majority won't call it punk. That said labelling music isn't always helpful.
Call what punk? I threw the No Doubt bit in there and to a lesser extent the Living End to generate some discussion. I don't have a musical bone in my body nor am I a punk/rock historian but I always thought punk had some off beat beats going on and both those bands do. Anyway, I don't really care about the definition(personally). I'd like to see Gronk define it so you and Ram can argue with him about it though lol. It's too late now. He's had long enough to devour a wikipedia article about it and come back as an expert, instead of relocating this shit to where it belongs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My spunk my spunk, my lovely punky spunk...
200w.webp

Gronk

Staff member
Define Punk. Go ahead, make my day. To my mind it's evolved. Not necessarily drums and 2 guitars anymore. I wouldn't know myself tbh. If it sounds punky to me, I'll call it punk.
I’ll tell you what punk is. Fast short riffs, stupid lyrics, f**k you attitude and plenty of beer.

hindy111

Post Whore
Pot, kettle black much there Gaz?
You're only happy with the mods when they let you post what you want where you want.
Sifting through pages of discussion on the Ramones and what is and isnt punk to try and find out more about the Parry/Fergo/Hoffman changes for this week isnt fun.

Somewhat ironic that one of the reasons given for the Post Game thread was because it was the "best way to keep discussions on the game separate from the emotional trash posted during the game "... and yet the rumours thread doesnt get the same treatment.

If I stay off subject I get a notification from mods. Gary is paying someone off. He seems immune

Gronk

Staff member
Either way I liked there music

Blink182, Greenday, Offspring, Sum41, Bowling For Soup, were all great 90s east coast alt rock bands. Heaps of fun.

Frenzal Rhomb were too late for true punk but were that classic skater punk band that everyone loved.

Latest posts