What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Daniel Vella

Juniors
Lane's style is a bit individual and by that mean it isnt something that any other backrower in our squad brings. He gives Dylan some good options early in the game and that puts doubt into opposition. Not the same benefit from the bench.
Yeah true lanes a tank. Maybe tetevano could be a better option

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yeah true lanes a tank. Maybe tetevano could be a better option
Another quality middle would be nice but I don’t think it’s essential for us to be serious contenders. Our top 13 rivals anyone in the comp as far as I’m concerned (yep, even the roosters) and our bench isn’t terrible. If we have a good run with injuries I think we should be a top 4 side with a serious push for the GF.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ask the Broncos how inexperienced they were

if you're good enough you're old enough

Happy MEel

First Grade
Our spine is still very inexperienced. That will continue to hurt us in the tight games.

Our spine’s experience will be similar to the Roosters’ next year. Tedesco, Flanagan, Keary and Verrills (he’ll overtake Friend) have a combined 297 games between them.

Gutho, Moses, Drown and Mahoney have a combined 273 games between them.

I particularly liked Moses’ maturity and calmness this year and both Drown and Mahoney seem to have the types of games (and temperament) that won’t be too phased in tight games. Our spine should be fine next year.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Maybe another back as we're probably short a quality centre and Storm are apparently/allegedly shopping Curtis Scott. If injuries occur or MJs form drops we have no decent replacements.

Scott wouId be to much for a back up, also while Taka is far from perfect he is a pretty good back up option for centre.

We also have some young options in Salmon / Parry however we probably do need another back that can cover a few positions in the back line. But not in Scott’s price range.

Hoff for another year wouId be good

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our spine’s experience will be similar to the Roosters’ next year. Tedesco, Flanagan, Keary and Verrills (he’ll overtake Friend) have a combined 297 games between them.
Friend isn't even 30. He will still be in their spine next year, especially having lost 350+ games in Cronk.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Scott wouId be to much for a back up, also while Taka is far from perfect he is a pretty good back up option for centre.

We also have some young options in Salmon / Parry however we probably do need another back that can cover a few positions in the back line. But not in Scott’s price range.

Hoff for another year wouId be good
Josh, I'm not having a go, but has Salmon actually played at centre for us yet? It seems like there has been a few opportunities to play him there and BA has gone in another direction. I'm not convinced centre is in the plans for him.

84 Baby

Referee
Josh, I'm not having a go, but has Salmon actually played at centre for us yet? It seems like there has been a few opportunities to play him there and BA has gone in another direction. I'm not convinced centre is in the plans for him.
You think his second position maybe in a place?

Latest posts