What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

I reckon when a guys momentum is stopped no 3rd man.
I see Cam do it all the time. It bugs me. Tha tackles stopped and he runs over and just spins the player sideways. Basicaly buying team 2-3 extra seconds rest.

But best rule for me would be NO PENALTIES in the attacking 20. If a team gives one away you just get another set of 6 at the end of the current one. This will stop teams giving away a penalty on purpose to get 1min rest. Set the defense.
Or you get the penalty and 2 points plus a fresh set.

It's something that's been exploited for to long. Very hard to break the line with 13 guys in defense who have have 1min to catch breathe. It puts the advantage to the defending team for doing wrong.
Ridiculous rule.

Shock horror something sensible.

I would hope that we could move the game into quarters instead of halves.

This would extend the career of older players and help with injuries. Plus the tv revenue would be up with more boring ads being able to be shown.

More breaks for fans to spend money at the grounds.

Extend the quarters to 30 mins each to get better value out of players.

Interchange would take on a more exciting feel.

More footy.

Noise

Coach
Shock horror something sensible.

I would hope that we could move the game into quarters instead of halves.

This would extend the career of older players and help with injuries. Plus the tv revenue would be up with more boring ads being able to be shown.

More breaks for fans to spend money at the grounds.

Extend the quarters to 30 mins each to get better value out of players.

Interchange would take on a more exciting feel.

More footy.

Having extras breaks (quarters) wouldn't keep older players in the game, especially if you increase the total game time to 120min.

hindy111

Post Whore
The rule will never make it in to the Bones on Bones Constitution.

Sure but rule 1053
- Everyone must come with two balls.
We let it slide when you only jad
If you have a 'no penalties' thing, the defense will just continue to offend. If my team was in front, I'd get 5 blokes to lay all over the tackled player and the other 8 to punch the lights out of anyone who came to try to peel them off.

Well the penalty is given at end of set. No stop in play I mean.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
from the website

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/12/06/michael-jennings-re-signs-with-eels/

The Parramatta Eels have today re-signed Michael Jennings on a two year contract until the end of the 2021 season.

Michael formed a strong combination with Maika Sivo on the left side this year, making a major contribution to his teammate's try scoring record.

Parramatta Eels Club General Manager of Football Mark O'Neill said, "Securing Michael is an important component to our roster management going forward.

"His skill and experience really contributed to our much improved performance in 2019 and he will add enormous value in the future as we strive for premiership success considering he knows what it takes to perform on the highest stage."

Michael made his NRL debut in 2007, he has represented both Australia and Tonga at international level, he played in the NSW Origin team and the NRL All Stars.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
By 2021 he mightn't still be in the top 17. But if paying overs for a backup in the second year of his contract means we get him in 2020 when we need him then it's worth it.

Glenneel

Bench
They're going to need to look at this if Golden Point becomes Golden Try. Otherwise teams will just give away penalty after penalty and there will be no point in even taking the 2. It'll turn into a snooze.
Golden try is a much better alternative to golden point and refs might be more inclined to give penalties in that scenario. Currently they are loathe to give penalties in golden point even for blatant infringements, unless you're the Broncos of course.

Latest posts