What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm starting to wonder now. Do we want to finish 4th and play Panthers who most likely will rest players and take it easy next week. Come out turbo charged and fresh. While we put in 100% and rest nobody against Tigers. Have potential injuries. If we did play Panthers and lost we would most likely take on Souths,Knights or Raiders the following week. And have had played some tough games ( the last few along with Tiger and Panthers)

The other option is to blow the game. Rest guys. And play with low intensity. And play the Sharks without Johnson who would of had tough games against Roosters and Canberra.
We should win and if did we would then hope to face Raiders. They'd be in a few bruising games leading into finals and just played a huge game against Panthers.

It is actualy an interesting situation. And I am leaning towards a better option could be resting guys.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The upside to finishing fourth over fifth is that, assuming you lose in week one, you play at home in week two. If you finish 5th-6th your only home final is in week one.

hindy111

Post Whore
The upside to finishing fourth over fifth is that, assuming you lose in week one, you play at home in week two. If you finish 5th-6th your only home final is in week one.

Home city not home ground.
It would be Homebush.

It is more about bashing yourself. Ideal world is Sharks beat Raiders at 5.30
We just use our game as a training drill. Amd the following week we beat the Panthers and have a week off.

emjaycee

Coach
I'm starting to wonder now. Do we want to finish 4th and play Panthers who most likely will rest players and take it easy next week. Come out turbo charged and fresh. While we put in 100% and rest nobody against Tigers. Have potential injuries. If we did play Panthers and lost we would most likely take on Souths,Knights or Raiders the following week. And have had played some tough games ( the last few along with Tiger and Panthers)

The other option is to blow the game. Rest guys. And play with low intensity. And play the Sharks without Johnson who would of had tough games against Roosters and Canberra.
We should win and if did we would then hope to face Raiders. They'd be in a few bruising games leading into finals and just played a huge game against Panthers.

It is actualy an interesting situation. And I am leaning towards a better option could be resting guys.
Can you just imagine the vitriol against BA and the team if we rested players next week, lost the game and finished 5th?
It isn't going to happen - professional sports teams don't rest players unless the result means nothing and in our case, not only would the result potentially impact our ladder position, our approach to the finals, the attention the media would give us, and the amount of shit they would cop on social media, @Avenger would hate on BA more than normal and no one wants that. ;)

lingard

Coach

Strangely, I fear Canberra more than Penrith.

Avenger

Immortal
Can you just imagine the vitriol against BA and the team if we rested players next week, lost the game and finished 5th?
It isn't going to happen - professional sports teams don't rest players unless the result means nothing and in our case, not only would the result potentially impact our ladder position, our approach to the finals, the attention the media would give us, and the amount of shit they would cop on social media, @Avenger would hate on BA more than normal and no one wants that. ;)
We will smash those Tigers. They have been our bitches for a long time.

Arbitaar1

Juniors
If we don't finish 4th and finish 5th say we beat the sharks in week 1 we will be versing Melbourne or roosters in week 2 potentially without Dylan Brown. Finish top 4 and go all out against panthers. If we win we get a week off if we lose we still get a home semi against most likely south's or knights.

A top four finish is a must!!!!

Bandwagon

Staff member
I'd also say we wanna go into the finals with not only a win in the last round, but a win that has seen our attack begin to click. We really wanna build some confidence in attack, because we want to go into finals knowing we have enough points in our game to compete.

Eelogical

Referee
It's very absorbing!

84 Baby

Referee
If we don't finish 4th and finish 5th say we beat the sharks in week 1 we will be versing Melbourne or roosters in week 2 potentially without Dylan Brown. Finish top 4 and go all out against panthers. If we win we get a week off if we lose we still get a home semi against most likely south's or knights.

A top four finish is a must!!!!
The likely scenario in week 2 regardless of if we finish 4th or 5th (if we win week 1) is game vs Canbra.
But yeah 4th is infinitely better, can’t be eliminated week 1 and a guaranteed home final in week 2 or even week 3 if we can spring an upset vs Smugfers. Although our home finals aren’t guaranteed BankWest, but I reckon there’s a strong chance they are

Eelogical

Referee
The likely scenario in week 2 regardless of if we finish 4th or 5th (if we win week 1) is game vs Canbra.
But yeah 4th is infinitely better, can’t be eliminated week 1 and a guaranteed home final in week 2 or even week 3 if we can spring an upset vs Smugfers. Although our home finals aren’t guaranteed BankWest, but I reckon there’s a strong chance they are
I never liked the Lewis-Duckworth system.

hindy111

Post Whore
Strangely, I fear Canberra more than Penrith.

Canberra are tough. But they been playing hard footy for a while. Some big efforts. Penrith have been cruising really and resting guys for the last few weeks. I think we are capable of beating both.