What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree with all this except your blame Hayne mentality. That is just sheer stupidity. You are being an idiot to suggest Hayne is responsible but then do all of this business you do of saying Arthur is not responsible. This makes you sound dumb. Embarrassing.
Clearly I haven't forgotten you called one of my posts "dumb" last week.
I think Hayne has proven over years that he is a negative influence off the field. Not conclusively but I reckon the evidence is overwhelming. I'm also sure Norman and Edwards contributed to poor morale, discipline and preparation in 2018. On the field we lacked a bit of size but we also lacked size in 2017 and finished top four. To me, 2018 was all about influential players setting poor examples.

Delboy

First Grade
Joel Caine, typical media shit stirrer. "@eels fans are such f**ken idiots they'll blow up deluxe about a former player carving up against a NSW Cup quality opposition!"
Joel Caine ex Salty Tigers and Dragqueens, please make comments about your underperforming rabbles, mind you watching French do that against a defensive line that we don’t see here in U16s is not surprising, speed is good but doesn’t cover what else a player requires.

IFR33K

Coach
All this talk about our attack, I don’t think it’s a huge issue. Yeah there were times we struggled to scored during the year and our attack needs some adjustments (not as deep, play flatter, play straighter, mix up the kicks, better bench etc etc). But generally lack of patience / errors really hurt our attack / errors.

Also we finished the year with 4,5,4,4 tries (and some decent tries against south’s/storm), so attack was getting a bit better

Our attack was poor considering the platform our forwards were able to lay. I do agree it got better towards the end thou

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Our attack was poor considering the platform our forwards were able to lay. I do agree it got better towards the end thou

Yeah I don’t dispute it was bad at times, especially mid season, however think it’s fairly fixable with the players we have in the top 13.

lingard

Coach
Sure, if he can defend well enough there. But the point is, if he looks like his form dropped after moving to the middle it's because he's running at bigger defenders there, and more of them.

which might have been a nice reason to not put him there in the first place.

lingard

Coach
Most of our edge forwards' runs are hit ups. More so than other teams.

Which is rather odd, don't you think? When you consider how creative Matterson and Lane can be/have been, to have a game plan where you don't utilise that and just get them to hit the ball up. Sure, they can both effectively hit the ball up; but they are both capable of so much more. Are the coaching staff restraining them? So often I see creative forwards just used as battering rams under Arthur's coaching. It's such a shame.

lingard

Coach
I agree with all this except your blame Hayne mentality. That is just sheer stupidity. You are being an idiot to suggest Hayne is responsible but then do all of this business you do of saying Arthur is not responsible. This makes you sound dumb. Embarrassing.
Clearly I haven't forgotten you called one of my posts "dumb" last week.

That's pretty dumb.

hindy111

Post Whore
Joel Caine ex Salty Tigers and Dragqueens, please make comments about your underperforming rabbles, mind you watching French do that against a defensive line that we don’t see here in U16s is not surprising, speed is good but doesn’t cover what else a player requires.

I thought he was one of the most average players to make first grade tbh.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Are the coaching staff restraining them? So often I see creative forwards just used as battering rams under Arthur's coaching. It's such a shame.

that’s not really correct, the players / coach has said the team can play what they see....and aren’t restricted.

And it’s pretty much supported by our offloading....Paulo is no. 1 for offloads while Matterson is 4th. Additionally we also have Nrown/Evans/Lane in the top 12 (That’s 5 players, the most of any side).

Thats not really a sign the coach is restricted the players creativity........it’s probably an indication of the freedom to play what they see....

Gazzamatta

Coach
100% false. He was out of form and then moved to middle and imo regained form.
I think he is better suited in middle. I don't think he has the speed or power to create much out wide.
85% disagree. BA was moving him to the middle late in 2019. Lane was also playing 80 every week. The only forward to do so. Little wonder his workload saw his form drop.

Latest posts