What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

jason taylor

Bench
There was a time when English outside backs went well in Australia: Andy Currier, Gary Schofield, Ellery Hanley, Martin Offiah, Joe Lydon, etc.

Agreed. But in the last decade or two, the only one that jumps to mind is Brian Carney, who was pretty good during his one season at Newcastle.

In recent times we’ve had Dan Sarginson, Kallum Watkins, Greg Eden, Joe Wardle and Ryan Hall all fall short for a variety of reason, amongst others I’m sure I’m forgetting. Sam Tomkins showed promise, but didn’t quite live up to the hype/expectations.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I'd be looking at either Dylan Walker or The Sauce for next year or even both

Would we be able to afford them given we still have to pay jennings? And why would we need mansour? We've got 2 starting wingers in Sivo and Ferguson along with 2 for depth in Dunster *and Oldfield*. I reckon we're fine for wingers

*potentially, neither are official as signed

SneakyEel

Juniors
Would we be able to afford them given we still have to pay jennings? And why would we need mansour? We've got 2 starting wingers in Sivo and Ferguson along with 2 for depth in Dunster *and Oldfield*. I reckon we're fine for wingers

*potentially, neither are official as signed
We could potentially move Fergo into centre if we sign sauce. Dylan Walker would be a lot better.

Gronk

Staff member
I watched the Wigan v St Helens match. I hope we don’t sign any of those nuffies unless it’s to stock the backups.

Yes French burned them in a 40m try, but other than that he doesn’t do 20% of the work that Gutho does.

Soft tries by arm grabbers. Canterbury Cup quality. No thanks.