What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
A superstar in a shit side doesn't equate to a plodder in a great side. The reason being that plodders just don't get enough games in great sides. Name one other plodder in a great side with more than 7 wins per season after age 18.

As for Tedesco, he still had 4.4 wins per season (after 18) at the Tigers. But you have to look at his entire career. He is up to 7.7 wins since age 18. You can't discard data that doesn't suit you. You have to look at the lot, that goes for Blake as well as for Tedesco. They have both won a lot of games over a long time. You would be an idiot to call either of them a reserve grader.

4 wins a season is terrible.

T-Boon

Coach
A superstar in a shit side doesn't equate to a plodder in a great side. The reason being that plodders just don't get enough games in great sides. Name one other plodder in a great side with more than 7 wins per season after age 18.

As for Tedesco, he still had 4.4 wins per season (after 18) at the Tigers. But you have to look at his entire career. He is up to 7.7 wins since age 18. You can't discard data that doesn't suit you. You have to look at the lot, that goes for Blake as well as for Tedesco. They have both won a lot of games over a long time. You would be an idiot to call either of them a reserve grader.

I don't understand any of this.
Edit, now I do.

TheRam

Coach
and who's in charge of defence KIDWELL

Yes, I believe change is well over due, but that doesn't negate Waqa's inability to take direction and correct his weakness in defense when others have improved markedly. Moses comes to mind in this regard.

Sure a better defensive coach maybe able to do what Kidwell has so far been unable to do, but that is speculation. What isn't speculation is Waqa is a bad defender at present when we are under the gun more times then not.

But Kidwell needs to be replaced even if it is just to freshen the squad up and look at different methods and techniques. This also applies to our offensive coach as well. We look so stale at present.

TheRam

Coach
Settle the f**k down merkin. I was agreeing with you mostly. Just think if he was uncertain or hesitant, hitting his opponent hard would give him more leeway through the game to be uncertain, but for some reason he doesn’t tackle them, let alone hard

My statements stand merkin. So stick it! You're all over the place. Put the bottle down. You're embarrassing yourself.

Merkin!

TheRam

Coach
Win loss records for individual players only matter in single player sports like tennis.. Ray stone has a +60% win rate doesn't mean his value rises because of it.

Perfect example mate. Now watch Poo throw out some other lame brain excuse as to why he thinks he is right..................... fully delusional.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Kidwell has a decent CV as a coach

Coaching career
Kidwell was appointed the Rabbitohs Toyota Cup (Under 20s competition) coach for 2010.[12] They finished minor premiers that year and made the Grand Final, but were defeated 42-28 by the Under 20s New Zealand Warriors. He later worked as an assistant coach at the Melbourne Storm under Craig Bellamy. On 16 September 2013 it was announced that he would be joining the Wests Tigers in 2014 as an assistant coach.

Kidwell joined the New Zealand national rugby league team as an assistant coach in 2014. After Stephen Kearney left the role of being the head coach of the New Zealand national team in 2016, Kidwell was later appointed as the new Kiwis head coach, Kidwell oversaw a brief but embarrassing era for New Zealand Rugby League in which they lost two World Cup matches to tier-2 nations, and fluked a draw against another in the 2016 Four Nations tournament. A series of critical failures in team culture and management led to disappointing results and a mass exodus of players. One notable player to leave the team was Jason Taumololo. Taumololo defected to Tonga, who defeated New Zealand in a World Cup pool match. Kidwell was replaced by Michael Maguire after failing to make the semi-finals of the 2017 World Cup.[13]

In 2018, Kidwell was appointed as assistant coach at one of his former clubs The Parramatta Eels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Kidwell

TheRam

Coach
It's a good heuristic. Much better than half arsed analyses by mouth breathers layering logical fallacies on each other. Wins matter, especially over an increasing sample of games/seasons. And since winning games is the purpose of playing in them, if a player isn't good enough he won't win many games.

Here's our players listed by wins per year over the age of 18. It's a heuristic I've come up with to show the quality of a player's career, and it tells a much bigger story than trying to cherry-pick shit to match your preconceptions:

14.4 Drown
10.8 Jennings
9.1 Ferguson
8.5 Paulo
7.9 Moses
7.7 Blake
7.7 RCG
7.2 Gutherson
7.1 Matterson
6.8 Mahoney
6.3 Lane
5.6 Papali'i
5.3 Cartwright
5.0 Nrown
4.8 Niukore
3.7 Kaufusi
3.2 Sivo
2.6 Oldfield
2.4 Opacic
2.4 Smith
2.3 Hipgrave
2.2 Stone
1.4 Roache
1.2 Rankin
0.0 Dunster
0.0 Lussick
0.0 Hollis
0.0 Hughes
0.0 Penisini

In light of his sustained success, you're off your f**kenead if you think Waqa Blake isn't a first grader.

You haven't disappointed. I rest my case. More bullocks from you as always.

TheRam

Coach
Sure. But a plodder can be in a great side. While a super star can be in a poor side. Who will win more?
Teddy's win record ant the Tigers was ordinary.......Just saying.

I wouldn't bother with him anymore Hindy. Lets not forget that he is the one that keeps telling everyone who would care to listed that average players can look like SOO quality players in a quality team, but then can't comprehend that the same can be said about plodders that can look like average to good first graders in a high quality team.

He is barely even a mouth breather when it comes to footy analysis. He is closer to zombie level brain rotting mumbling noise contributor on this site more often then not.