What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, surely a player can get faster just by dropping some weight. Eg Sivo.
Could Dylan Brown get faster by dopping 5kgs and working on his running technique?

Dylan Brown faster ?

Do you think he is slow ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe he is fast but does not know how to use it in attack. He is not great as a support player and he gets caught after making half breaks a lot by everyone.
That just shows we aren't good at getting him the ball in space. Likewise with Moses. It's why we might go better with Gutherson at middle half and split Moses and Drown either side of him.

But then Gutherson receiving the ball in broken play tends to want to go himself instead of passing to someone with more speed. If he can't put someone through a gap (rather than giving early ball) Gutherson won't pass. It's his biggest fault.

TheRam

Coach
You can, actually. Running fast is a very technical skill and tweaking running styles is absolutely coachable.

Technique is one thing and teaching you how to fully maximise that inherent gift is yes teachable, but the speed your gifted with is not a teachable thing. Period!

T-Boon

Coach
no, he is quiet pacey, I really dont know what you have against him

He is an excellent defender and good runner.
He has bad hands, zero play making skills and an average kicking game.
He could at least be a better support player.
Moses and Guth play faster than Brown.

Happy MEel

First Grade
This isn’t particularly relevant to the discussion but I met him yesterday. With his suspension, he had training early today and so didn’t go down to Canberra. I was working and he was watching his brother play rugby. Nice guy and seemed genuinely cool to chat to an eels fan. From a fan engagement perspective he’s certainly an asset for the club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This isn’t particularly relevant to the discussion but I met him yesterday. With his suspension, he had training early today and so didn’t go down to Canberra. I was working and he was watching his brother play rugby. Nice guy and seemed genuinely cool to chat to an eels fan. From a fan engagement perspective he’s certainly an asset for the club.
Did you ask him what he thinks of Bushy's shit tactics?