What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's true. I hope Russell is as good as people say. And of course, as Hindy111 says, we could move Waqa to the wing. I like Opacic. He and Penisini in the centres, with Dunster and Waqa on the wings sounds good. I'm okay with that.
That's how I'd do it (2. Blake, 3. Opacic) but the coach knows better than I do.

Soto

Bench
Wingers we have in lieu of Sivo
Dunster
Perham
Russell
Loizou
Naiduki
Waqa Blake if we want to play Opacic left centre as i think Penisini has the right centre sewn up for now.
I would be also making a call out to David Fusitua. I believe the Warriors have cut or told him he is free to look around.
Hasn't had thd best couple of years but prior to Covid he was one of better and more exciting wingers running around.
I reckon would be a very handy pickup..maybe Papalii can help get him across.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Greig or Hollis. Who has the brighter future?
Will be an interesting off season.
I think Greig is a bit too cumbersome for the modern game. If a player's BMI is that high he will be very strong, but a liability in defence unless he's a genetic freak like Paulo.

Hollis will be more reliable over longer minutes than Greig, but will be less effective in any given run. People like to watch huge merkins run over the top of defenders, but don't like seeing the Cooks and Koroisaus of the world stroll through the middle of your defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Reece Walsh eh? ... topping off a great rookie year

Tearful Reece Walsh breaks down after cocaine admission​

Terrible luck to get arrested the first ever time you try drugs.

84 Baby

Referee
Mate he is 135kg, what chance would he have in RL?
He’s got a decent enough motor but probably too exxy for the minutes he would play. Still would be like Fui with better ball playing. Plus he could f**k teams up in the scrum

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think well run organisations value the opinions of their best people, which would include senior players.
A senior player that has twice played out his contract in the media??? Who apparently had a sook because his hotel room wasn’t big enough. Yeah I’d really value his opinion……….

IFR33K

Coach
I think it’s embarrassing if we cave into the the captain and senior players, the captain for the second time put himself ahead of the club and his team mates. I suppose he’s following the lead from his coach who put his sons career ahead of what was best for the team. So glad they all bleed blue and gold though.

So are you officially putting a line thru juniors career?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So are you officially putting a line thru juniors career?
Not at all, but he had no business being on the field after the Canberra game especially. One of those games cost us the chance of a top 4 spot which made our chance to dare I say it make week 3 that much harder.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A senior player that has twice played out his contract in the media??? Who apparently had a sook because his hotel room wasn’t big enough. Yeah I’d really value his opinion……….
You don't know whether they value his opinion. Gutherson might be on his way out.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not at all, but he had no business being on the field after the Canberra game especially. One of those games cost us the chance of a top 4 spot which made our chance to dare I say it make week 3 that much harder.
What cost us was having one of our first choice halves unavailable. That isn't the backup's fault.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Greig is a bit too cumbersome for the modern game. If a player's BMI is that high he will be very strong, but a liability in defence unless he's a genetic freak like Paulo.

Hollis will be more reliable over longer minutes than Greig, but will be less effective in any given run. People like to watch huge merkins run over the top of defenders, but don't like seeing the Cooks and Koroisaus of the world stroll through the middle of your defence.

Hollis glides across field. Greig struggles.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That’s true, he didn’t pick himself.

Even though he’s the perfect back up half.
Because we would've f**ken won with Smith's mad kicking game or Rankin's defence? Give it a f**ken rest. Mitch Moses is irreplaceable in our team. Brad Arthur's job rides on who he picks as backups, and going forward these youngsters need opportunities. Why give them to merkins who won't be here next year?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Because we would've f**ken won with Smith's mad kicking game or Rankin's defence? Give it a f**ken rest. Mitch Moses is irreplaceable in our team. Brad Arthur's job rides on who he picks as backups, and going forward these youngsters need opportunities. Why give them to merkins who won't be here next year?
Where is Will Smith going??? They didn't announce his departure. Wouldn't you give opportunities to merkins capable of doing the job?? At least defensively Smith could of hacked it. After another off season Bea Jr probably will be ready to take on that role but this year it wasn't.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wouldn't you give opportunities to merkins capable of doing the job??
None of them are capable of doing the job. That's why they're backups. In their last ever game together Arthur's defended a lot better than Smith. Only one game obviously, but IMO Jarthur's defends and kicks well for a backup, and especially for a bloke who could still be playing SG Ball. He wasn't responsible for tanking our season, and the experience will be good for him. Because of him we might even be able to stop Drown (next year) and Moses after that from holding us over a barrel. If we're going to be a development club we need to put up with developing players. That means inexperienced backups over 30 year olds sometimes.

emjaycee

Coach

I liked the look of Ky Rodwell in the RCG mould.