What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Cloeel

Juniors
If we again stumble which seems likely I couldn’t give a f**k who stays and who leaves because once again we have fallen short.

So do you hold management accountable at all? even though there has been improvement over the past 5 or so years?

Or do you hold the people management put in place accountable like the coaches/staff and players?

strider

Post Whore
I feel like our wingers jamming is actually our system. It relies on the centre and half then wrapping behind to mop up if they f**k it up. It's obviously not working like it should.
Exactly. We play compressed in the middle, so we are mostly solid there, especially close to our line ... but then that dictates a bit what we do on the wingers - and it seems clear from years of different players, wingers rushing in is our thing.

Its not too different to qlot of teams though. Most get overlapped. Its rare to get smart outside backs who make very good decisions most of the time.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Exactly. We play compressed in the middle, so we are mostly solid there, especially close to our line ... but then that dictates a bit what we do on the wingers - and it seems clear from years of different players, wingers rushing in is our thing.

Its not too different to qlot of teams though. Most get overlapped. Its rare to get smart outside backs who make very good decisions most of the time.
It's also getting harder to defend when wingers can be in row 2 and still plant the ball.

Stevie

Bench
I have never been a BA basher, but if we don't at least make the GF qualifier this year (and play well), I hope we have a new coach before next season starts.

I don't want the board announcing anything like that as it won't go well for the rest of this year however I hope we are smart enough to be talking seriously to Ciraldo and Flanno (or both) and surveying their interest if we don't win the comp or go real close to this season.

I think having BA with one more year to go and all the media around will we or wont we renew him will be a terrible result meaning we can write of next year.

Strike Hard, Strike Fast, No Mercy.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I have never been a BA basher, but if we don't at least make the GF qualifier this year (and play well), I hope we have a new coach before next season starts.

I don't want the board announcing anything like that as it won't go well for the rest of this year however I hope we are smart enough to be talking seriously to Ciraldo and Flanno (or both) and surveying their interest if we don't win the comp or go real close to this season.

I think having BA with one more year to go and all the media around will we or wont we renew him will be a terrible result meaning we can write of next year.

Screenshot_20220704-150637_Google.jpg

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

emjaycee

Coach
That is an interesting reason for wanting a new coach. Almost strange
Not really that strange.
I have said all along that we need a new coach when BA's contract runs out and I don't agree with his most recent extension, however I also don't believe he will see it out in full. I think he will leave at the end of 2023 by his own accord.

I definitely don't believe we should sack a coach mid-contract when he has constantly got us into the top 8 for the last 3 (probably 4) years. The only other club I recall sacking a coach who had the team in the semis in recent times was Panthers with Hook, but that was to bring Ivan back and keep Nathan happy.

So sacking BA mid-contract would only be because there was someone available who could basically guarantee an improved performance from our team and I would be keen to see the reaction on here if it wasnt the case.

Chipmunk

Coach
Not really that strange.
I have said all along that we need a new coach when BA's contract runs out and I don't agree with his most recent extension, however I also don't believe he will see it out in full. I think he will leave at the end of 2023 by his own accord.

I definitely don't believe we should sack a coach mid-contract when he has constantly got us into the top 8 for the last 3 (probably 4) years. The only other club I recall sacking a coach who had the team in the semis in recent times was Panthers with Hook, but that was to bring Ivan back and keep Nathan happy.

So sacking BA mid-contract would only be because there was someone available who could basically guarantee an improved performance from our team and I would be keen to see the reaction on here if it wasnt the case.
Not sure Gus intended to re-employ Ivan after he sacked Hook.

The Sharks sacked their coach last season, whilst still in the Top 8 during the season, after playing in the Finals the previous two seasons.

emjaycee

Coach
Not sure Gus intended to re-employ Ivan after he sacked Hook.

The Sharks sacked their coach last season, whilst still in the Top 8 during the season, after playing in the Finals the previous two seasons.
I stand corrected. I had forgotten about John Morris (but then again, it seems everyone has).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Donkey's sacked Hook in 2014 after he finished 8th, but that was to bring in a quality replacement in Bennett.

Latest posts